ST GEORGE'S CHURCH FUNDRAISER DINNER

Community Events and Promotions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II, Nano

Prince Cadmus II

ST GEORGE'S CHURCH FUNDRAISER DINNER

Post by Prince Cadmus II »

St George's Church is having a fundraising dinner this weekend on Saturday, the day before Easter.
Make sure you get your tickets ASAP and bring yourself along with your families to get together and have a fun night to raise some money.
It will be held at La Luna Lounge in Bankstown.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Nano
advanced member

Post by Nano »

I love these parties, theyre heaps fun and very benefitial, the date however is abit akward, ive been speaking to many people, and they have been saying they are going to leave early to go to mass, whats a jieh party if its not going to echo through the night?

also the food is being brought out early, which is good i guess,
especially with the stunning catering at La Luna, with one of our own jieh Citizens as head Chef

but other than that, i cant wait,

Bring on the Dabkeh
-Not just an Ipod-
yorgi

Post by yorgi »

Nano I admire your enthusiasm, although I would like to see you contribute more in public for the AJCC youth rather than mere talk on this forum.
Nano
advanced member

Post by Nano »

EXCUSE ME YORGI?

do u know who i am?

I was at the St Goerges party, im at most parties, and my family contributes and makes donations (not to brag)

Speak not, if you dont know what your talking about!
-Not just an Ipod-
yorgi

Post by yorgi »

Nano

I never questioned the fact whether or not your parents make any donations or whether or not you are at every party.

This is what I said
I would like to see you contribute more in public for the AJCC youth rather than mere talk on this forum.

If you did not understand that, what I meant is get involved in AJCC activities (if there are none, maybe you can approach the committee with some ideas) I am sure they will be more than happy to take on your ideas, they will probably even let you take charge at organise such things.

I know you have a so called "Mafia" group of friends, I think you should start bringing this group together to get meet other Jieh youth who may not be apart of this "Mafia"
Nano
advanced member

Post by Nano »

Im 18, and Doing Hsc, my "Mafia" and i are abit busy this year...

maybe i will consider such things next year...
-Not just an Ipod-
yorgi

Post by yorgi »

good luck in your HSC Nano, I look forward to hearing more of you when you are actually able to start focus on such things
Corrupted

Post by Corrupted »

Think nano is hiding the truth, and yorgi, what you want is more unlikely to happen every year,

i love the Jieh community, but the new generations are trying to get as far away from it as possible, and no one else was gonna say this but i will:

"teens" or "kids" these days, are modern they like to "go out" and "dress revealing" and "HAVE BOYFRIENDS"

In the Jieh community, and i know from personal experience, you cant have a relationship or do ANYTHING, without everyone knowing, unless your a proffesional at hiding the truth,

i know this is innapropriate, but its the truth, and i think we all know it,
this factor might be good for such spreading of information like funerals, dates, parties, but it really doesnt benefit the kids, i am young, (actually im abit older now, but i was young) i knew how it felt like growing up with a Jieh family,

But who can we blame? no one! we lived in the village and all we had to do IS "TALK" our days away.

I love the Jieh, i always have, but im afraid the future generations are draining from our community and blending into the main stream and away from culture,

we have no one to blame but our selves, and our mouths!

dont hate me for what ive said, its nothing but what the youth are thinking!
Blonde and Proud
yorgi

Post by yorgi »

Hey Corrupted, i don't think there was ever a Jieh "teen" who was not modern or a Jieh girl who never had a "boyfriend." That is no excuse at all.

As for Jieh people talking I agree with you but trust me if you think Jieh people talk wait till you meet people from other villages, you are in for a rude shock.

But if these things are going to prevent you from getting to know other Jieh people & getting together every once in a while to meet & make friends with other people from your village, rather than being complete strangers, then you are probably better off staying at home.
mzcrazzy

random

Post by mzcrazzy »

speeakin from thee truth jieh ppl aree nossssyy sommee off emm
Last edited by mzcrazzy on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mz crazzii wasz ere better recognize___*
mzcrazzy

Post by mzcrazzy »

most jieh people are SNOBSS im seriouss im from the jieh and i say hello to anyonee no matter what even iff i dun even no em i still say hello like it doesnt hurt to say hello

keep that in midee 4 the snobby jieh ppl
mz crazzii wasz ere better recognize___*
Nano
advanced member

Post by Nano »

Wow, Im surprised this topic came back to life, that party was nearly a year ago....
-Not just an Ipod-
Prince Cadmus II

Post by Prince Cadmus II »

Hello.... there you go!
Please try and keep to the topic. Or you can choose to make a new topic if you like.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Nano
advanced member

Post by Nano »

Since We are here...I would Like to Hear From Yorgi...I wonder where he has gone......
-Not just an Ipod-