Double standards, how AJ's journal differs by the month...

Just say Hello, Hi and other Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Double standards, how AJ's journal differs by the month...

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:18 am

In conformity with the aounist orange (turn yellow), this writer displays an eager sense of belonging to his party, by playing the part of Mr Wobbly and Indecisive. The story goes...

FOR/AGAINST the monks at Deir Mar Charbel, Jieh.

Abou Jamra's Journal entry for May 28th, 2007

I walked up to the cemetery, past the first gate and into the second. First thing that came to mind is what do those monks do inside the monastery? Do they play play station or something? Why can’t they maintain the cemetery? What cant they water the garden? What cant they fertilize the grass, the trees and the plants? Why can’t they sweep the cemetery grounds?

- AJ displays his disapproval of the job the monks are doing (or lack thereof) at St Charbel Monastery, Jieh.

Abou Jamra - June 2007

- AJ endorses a massive petition to call for the abolishment of the allocation of a new parish priest by Bishop Elias Nassar, so that the 60 year relationship between the monks of the St Charbel Monastery would be maintained and upheld..

-------------------------------------------------------

So what is it? Are you for or against the monks? Do you now believe they are doing their job, or do you have something else in mind...?
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby jieh1 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:16 pm

I don't think we can compare watering plants and changing the whole church systems.
jieh1

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 pm

I discussed this issue with the monks and they pointed fingers at the waef, saying it was their duty. The waef employ a person to maintain the cemetry and the surrounding gardens. Waef funds are limited and i have only seen the guy perform his duties once.

I cant fight in all battles man. But a bit of pressure on both the Waef and the monastery will see that the job gets done.

ps. thanks for minimising you avatar cadmus and thanks for taking a special intrest in my journal.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:10 am

No worries AJ, yeah it was annoying me too, I just didnt have time to save the file and change its resolution.
All things good..
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Return to General