old photos

Just say Hello, Hi and other Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

old photos

Postby danyhr » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi, does anybody have access to old photos of pre-war jieh or the like? Ours were left behind. Can they be uploaded somehow if anybody comes across some?? Is there like a council database of this kind of stuff or is that far-fetched?
Thanks.
In much of your talking, thinking is half murdered - GKG.
danyhr
advanced member

Postby jieh2008 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Your best hope is the friends of Jumblatt here in Jieh; they might get lucky in finding some pictures in Beiteddine or in Mukhtara palaces.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:24 am

This is a topic i will be discussing at the next AJCC meeting. We need an archive. i remember some years back Dr Nassif Azzi and Francois were considering a museum in Jieh, but due to unpopular support and criticism the project did not go ahead. I will propose to the AJCC to set up a heritage committee to follow up on this issue.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:14 am

Nassif and Francois have very limited and selective knowledge of Jieh. Neither qualifies as historian or curate of its museum.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby danyhr » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:25 am

Actually AJ touches on a good point; I don't think it's necessary to have a "museum" as such, but a kind of historical "wing" off one of the churches' basement halls or something displaying relevant jieh photos, artefacts/antiquities, etc... Why not? i mean, if previous digs in Jieh have produced important enough artefacts to use in Beiteddine Palace etc... I can only see the town from benefitting from this kind of display. Even if it's just to show the younger generation who holiday there what the town stood and stands for.
In much of your talking, thinking is half murdered - GKG.
danyhr
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Danny's proposal is perfect and its a small, good and cost effective way to start and expirement with the idea. But ideas are many in our town, Unfortunatly we have too many chiefs and not enough indians.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Return to General