Infidel

Just say Hello, Hi and other Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Infidel

Postby danyhr » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:12 am

I have recently read an amazing book, "Infidel", by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. For anyone who is interested in Islam and how it sees/relates to the west, it is a must read.

It really struck a chord with me as it briongs up issues in society that i am very passionate about.

I reccommend this book to men, women, whoever, whatever background. It really is a must read.

Please if anyone reads it, let me know what you think, i'd love to discuss some of the issues.
In much of your talking, thinking is half murdered - GKG.
danyhr
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:33 am

Another athiest feminist fighting Islam.

I havnt read the book, but i have come across some of her articles whilst studying European Politics in Transition.

http://www.digitalnpq.org/articles/global/123/10-18-2006/ayaan_hirsi_ali

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby danyhr » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:43 am

are you f'n serious aj? don't comment unless you have read the book. Typical of your follow the leader attitude.

live the life she's lived and then comment.

The topics she raises are very interesting. And if you care to open your ears, there are many in the muslim world who share her criticism. Atheist, yes, because of the hypocritical and suppressed life growing up muslim has made her. You pass judgement too quick my friend. God forbid, someone, a female, having an opinion regarding Islam. What are they scared of? A revolution? I wish.
danyhr
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:47 am

danyhr wrote:are you f'n serious aj? don't comment unless you have read the book. Typical of your follow the leader attitude.

live the life she's lived and then comment.

The topics she raises are very interesting. And if you care to open your ears, there are many in the muslim world who share her criticism. Atheist, yes, because of the hypocritical and suppressed life growing up muslim has made her. You pass judgement too quick my friend. God forbid, someone, a female, having an opinion regarding Islam. What are they scared of? A revolution? I wish.

Serious about what?

Is she an athiest? Yes
Is she a Feminist? Yes
Is she Launching an intelectual or (psuedo intelectual) crusade against Islam (her defence is she is opposed to radical Islam)? Yes

I judged on what she openly declared. These are not my assumptions these are her declarations.

Although he is not noted for his writings on Islam the late Edward Saide discussed this issue (Islam & the west) very thoroughly and without much emotion which is clearly evident in Ayaan's sob story.

Abou Jamra

Postby danyhr » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:09 am

i read the link that you so graciously provided. is this what you base your narrow-minded view of Ali on? A male could just as easily have written that article and you would not call him a feminist, atheist or whatever.

btw, like i said before, read the book before you comment on what i'm talking about.

If you, being a male, cannot handle a "feminist", shame on you. Males created the term. There is nothing wrong with a female pointing out the obvious. And, if you think that her story is a sob story, you disgust me. What she has lived through goes on every day in muslim countries, and it is no petty matter, for "macho" minded people to wave aside. Verbal, physical, mental abuse is a crime, genital mutilation is a crime, suppression of women is a crime. I can go on if you wish. But how dare you stick your non-opinion in where it's not valid.

God created male and female. In my opinion AJ, focus here, GOD created male AND female. Respect.
danyhr
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:39 am

Dude where do you see me attacking women or denying them their rights?

I am not commenting about what you wrote. I am just introducing this Author who was an unknown prior to Jyllands-Posten Mouhamad cartoons, she seized that opportunity and started marketing herself.

Anyway what's her conclusion in the book? Does she offer an alternative? Does she want to revolutionise Islam? Or does she want us to feel sorry for her?

I agree with you on all the points you raised, why the hostility? Did i exhibit any form of ignorance or arrogance in any of my posts?

Abou Jamra

Postby danyhr » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:56 pm

Yes you did. She did not come about post-muhammed cartoon. She's been well-known for many years in Europe and known of in the U.S.

You would know this if you READ THE BOOK. I am not showing hostility, however i do recall posting this thread to invite people who have READ THE BOOK to comment and share their views. So until you can enlighten me on your views once you have read it, i don't want to read your nonsense.
danyhr
advanced member

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:07 am

Read the book before commenting.
Inquisitive people will sniff and taste.
Don't be the one who just sniffs without tasting.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:07 am

danyhr wrote:Yes you did.

Where, prior to this post??

danyhr wrote:She did not come about post-muhammed cartoon. She's been well-known for many years in Europe and known of in the U.S. .

I wouldnt say very well known, but known and not nec essarily known for anything famous but rather infamous. Her identity fraud case and her calling Mouhamed a “despotic, narrow-minded and violent man, who killed who ever stood in his way".

danyhr wrote:You would know this if you READ THE BOOK. I am not showing hostility, however i do recall posting this thread to invite people who have READ THE BOOK to comment and share their views. So until you can enlighten me on your views once you have read it, i don't want to read your nonsense.

Your comments were hostile, but i guess that might be influenced by my political affiliations so it's natural and i expect such replies from M14. Again i did not comment on the book and i didnt comment on anything you wrote or the content of the book. Why are you defending when i am not attacking? Chill dude.

The only person who i can think of in the Jieh who might have read this book is Haroun and perhaps azzigf (he is really into islamic literature these days, dont know why). What ever she is bitching about, well those problems are also evident in the west, people are oppresed everywhere not just in the Islamic world.

Anyway my friend i wont be reading this book as this sort of literature appeals only to the those who suffer some sort of Islam phobeia. (thanks to the MOU i dont :lol: :twisted: )

Abou Jamra

Postby danyhr » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:15 am

whatever AJ. It's called narrow-mindedness. Reading texts you do and don't agree with broadens the mind. Don't turn this discussion political, that's why i wrote it in this category. But it might do you some good to read something other than Aoun's brand of underwear.
danyhr
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:39 pm

What's called narrow mindedness?

Now you are resorting to personal attacks.

Ok we havnt read the book.

Why dont you post the themes and the issues that you are "very passionate about" that we may discuss them. I dont need to read an autobiography especially an autobiography to tell me whats going on in the world.

Cheers

Abou Jamra

Return to General