One year later..

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

One year later..

Postby haroun » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:32 am

I am glad that Fatass remains burrowed in his rat hole south of Beirut, afraid to look himself in the mirror or the people in the face. I hope he keeps this stance until someone strong enough tries him for his crimes and disband the terror organization(s) feeding on his venom.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Charbel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:34 am

and what has anyone achieved?
what have the lebanese people learnt?

Charbel
advanced member

Postby danyhr » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:47 am

achieved? learnt?
The Lebanese are a contradictory people if anything. They go about their lives playing an endless game of dodgeball. They get hit, they get back up, hit again, up again....they're resilient, but majorly stubborn. This is what is obvious. To say they achieved anything, well, they haven't given up hope, to say they learnt anything - they've learnt that they don't know how to stop playing and get on with life.

My dad said something to me the other day when i was expressing my frustration with the situation in Lebanon, he said (in arabic) "like you, we were 27, 28 we all fled Lebanon and year after year we live in the hope we can return in peace. We are still waiting, now our kids are doing the same thing". That stuck with me. How true. How bittersweet. I mean, it says a lot about Lebanon the fact that the lebanese diaspora haven't given up hope, and of all the countries that they can holiday or choose to live in, they only want Liban.

God bless Lebanon and it's people, wherever we are +++++++
In much of your talking, thinking is half murdered - GKG.
danyhr
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:34 pm

danyhr wrote:
"like you, we were 27, 28 we all fled Lebanon and year after year we live in the hope we can return in peace. We are still waiting, now our kids are doing the same thing".

I think our childrens children will have the same hopes. the presidential election will determine the fate of Lebanon.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Return to Politics - Lebanon