Aoun snubs Patriarch Sfeir on compromise

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

After reading this news, would you now vote for Gemayel instead of Aoun's Camille Khoury?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 4

Aoun snubs Patriarch Sfeir on compromise

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:37 am

Gemayel, Aoun Brace for Metn By-Election Battle after Compromise Failed

Former President Amin Gemayel and Gen. Michel Aoun on Friday were braced for the Metn by-election battle after intense efforts by Maronite Patriarch Nasrallah Sfeir to reach consensus failed.
The daily An Nahar said that Bishop Samir Mazloum, dispatched by Sfeir to conduct negotiations aimed at reconciling the warring sides, was slated to meet jointly with representatives from Gemayel and Aoun.

An Nahar said only Gemayels' delegates -- Salim Sayegh and Sijaan Qazzi -- showed up at the meeting held in Bkirki on Thursday.

Gemayel and Aoun are set for the August 5 by-election showdown to fill the Metn seat left vacant by the assassination of Gemayel's son, Pierre Gemayel.

By-election to fill the Beirut seat vacated by the murder of MP Walid Eido will also take place Aug. 5.

Beirut, 03 Aug 07, 07:37
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby haroun » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Aoun's deception schemes are not working - Amin gets my vote.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby haroun » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:59 am

An Nahar said only Gemayels' delegates -- Salim Sayegh and Sijaan Qazzi -- showed up at the meeting held in Bkirki on Thursday.

Prince,

I know I am off subject, but I like to take a post to comment on this new spelling of Kazzi. Qazzi is a variation of Qazi which means a judge in Pakistani, I am not sure we have many Pashtoun language experts here; but whenever I see mistakes like this I wonder how serious the writer was since he didn't take time to check the proper spellings of the names of his story's principals.

I don't know how many other variations of Azzi there beside the ones I am aware of below:

Kazzi (bad Italian meaning)
El Kazzi
El Azzi
Al Azzi
Al Kazzi
Al Kazi
El Kazi
Elkazzi
elazzi
and now Qazzi and Qazi LOL

Viva Qazzi Quazzi

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:38 am

Hi haroun, nicely pointed out. Okay, so Qazzi means judge in Pakistani Urdu? I thought it is an elongated 'a' as in the Arabic word Qaaady قاضي . That is as opposed to Qazzi where the stress is on the z.
I have seen that spelling before, when that girl who was recently married, she was an Azzi, and her and her fiance were going on their honeymoon. In Charles de Gaulle airport, a piece of the building fell on her and she tragically died. They also spelled it Qazzi in the report then.

I believe they are making a point by using Q in the English instead of K because K denotes that it is the light version of kaf ك instead of deeper Qaaph ق. The French spelling however uses the K so I guess that's why Kazzi was generally used, along with the other variants.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Return to Politics - Lebanon