Unity?

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Unity?

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:54 am

AJ, you speak of your team as aspiring to Unity, yet all you speak of is Aoun aoun aoun.

AJ, you speak of your team as aspiring to Unity, yet all we ever hear is FPM FPM FPM.

AJ, you blame, you blame, you blame, but where is the "Sheraake" you boast of ?

Is that "Sheraaake" evident when you ridicule members of other teams as you go around boasting of your miniscule successes in changing light bulbs and forcing little children to make orange ticks with their fingers?

Your ways are not ways of Sheraake my friend, they are the ways of exclusion. Neither Aoun nor Geagea are going to Baabda I'm afraid.. if anything they will be going to Baabda prison.

Real "Sheraaake" does not boast of polarity and exclusion, blackmail (eg. Ohh those Sunnis came to Islamise Lebanon, they funded all this havoc), accusations, tricks or Terbee7 2alf jmeele regarding the old cheap skate notion of "Ohhh, look we fixed your light bulbs for you, you should be voting for me now, look how nice we are, here is 50 cents little man, you can build a house with that, thanks for voting for me, without me you wouldn't have anything".

It is time you people of assorted colours find a new hobby to play with, because the current one has now well passed its used by date.

It's time to live a real life instead of looking into the past and trying to trick people with fake hope.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:00 pm

“You can give a fool a thousand intellects but the only one he wants is yours”. I love this Arabic proverb.

Each time we come to do something I see people looking, spying and waiting for the project to fail. They themselves are incapable or unwilling to do anything, but they like to give advice (a little less more than they like to criticize). I have began to avoid listening to these fools and their criticisms, because the fool who likes to give advice and criticize never tends to his own plants at all. Prince you can be a “shreek” with this fool because I simply wont unless he changes his attitude.

I would hope you are expecting me to comment on local issue not the national ones. After all you did mention the Light bulbs twice in your post.

Now. Lets say I am in wrong? Show me where my wrongs are? I would like to correct them.

I polarise, deceive, accuse, trick, blackmail and brabe7 alef jmeele, cool but please give me examples of the times in which I acted in such a manner.

FPM Jieh branch changed the light bulbs in Jieh? I reported it what’s the problem with that? Does not the AJCC promote and report its successes? Does not the AJYC report its successes?

I have posted and photographed every event that has taken place in Jieh during my stay here. Why should i not report this one? And why is it when I do so, I am accused of terbee7 jmeele?

My ways are not ways of exclusion. I have asked others on multiple occasions to participate in non partisan village events? Is this not Unity? Why did they refuse? They chose to exclude them selves I didn’t chose to exclude them. But then again you may be right, my ways could possible be wrong? Show me how to correct them.

Show me where I divide and not unite?

You saw the reaction to the Clean Up Jieh day, they politicized it and refused to participate. Nonetheless it went ahead and work is still in progress, I will keep you all updated on the progress.

Here is another proposal I am putting forward. Lets see what cooperation we get.

This Friday we celebrate the Day of the Cross Eid al Saleeb. Ideally the Jieh youth have decided to place the cross on top of Talet al Raheb and another in Church square. We will spend Friday night camping in the bunker and the trench in Talet al Raheb (formely a fortress).
I would also like to put forward this proposition to the Jieh Youth. How about we consider reconstructing the fortress or at least cleaning up the hill from the shrubs? It’s a historical landmark where many martyrs fell defending this village. Every Jieh person especially those coming from Australia ought to visit the hill top especially the youth who should made aware of this villages history, its martyrs and the cause which they fought and died for.

You cannot clap with one hand cadmus, I can not be a “shreek” of my self, I am extending my hand are others willing to reach out and hold it?

My friend this is the real life in Lebanon and at times fake hope here is better than no hope.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:34 am

May I ask where the FPM Jieh branch got its money to light up the town? And who asked them to do it? It's obvious you people are using wakf money to generate electricity and light up your propaganda while polluting the environment in the process.

I think the light bulbs should be removed because they create more harm than good. If someone needs a light in front of his house he should buy it or ask his neighbors to help if he can't afford one. It sounds suspicious that the FPM a political party, ally of a terrorist organization is in the business of lighting up streets. Could that maybe done to facilitate the job of their allies when they tour the town in the middle of the night?

About cleaning the Jieh street, why it has to be a town effort? just do it with who ever is present or hire it done....

Now as far as Tallet el Raheb, that is a no place for a Aouni. It's a sacred place for all of us especially those who gave it all. You people may go there and pray. There is no need to disturb nature, plant crosses or use that space like your allies are using downtown Beirut these days. Leave that place alone and let the dead rest in peace.

forget "Sheraake", it's an empty word. I don't need a shreek; otherwise I hire one. I need a partner with integrity who respects others, believes in his country and willing to help build it free, democratic and keep it independent.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Charbel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:52 pm

AJ has a point.

We lebs are good at passing the buck and blaming everyone but ourselves and leaving all the work for someone else.

Were good at philosophising and discussing but not good at doing.

We would have been perfect at the Ancient Greek forums.

Im not too good with Lebo politics and whats going on the Jieh but atleast someone got off their arses and put a couple of light bulbs in the streets.

which brings about this joke i just thought of...
*ahem*

How many Lebanese does it take to change a light bulb?

None, coz theres a light bulb already lit up above each of their heads and so there is no need to change light bulbs on the streets.

Think about it....
Charbel
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:48 pm

May I ask where the FPM Jieh branch got its money to light up the town? And who asked them to do it? It's obvious you people are using wakf money to generate electricity and light up your propaganda while polluting the environment in the process.

An FPM member purchased the lights. Nobody asked us, we took the initiative ourselves. It has nothing to do with the Wakf money. The wakf has enough expenses to worry about. If the generator is polluting the environment, then lets go solar.

I think the light bulbs should be removed because they create more harm than good. If someone needs a light in front of his house he should buy it or ask his neighbors to help if he can't afford one. It sounds suspicious that the FPM a political party, ally of a terrorist organization is in the business of lighting up streets. Could that maybe done to facilitate the job of their allies when they tour the town in the middle of the night?

What harm do they create? Our allies are also our fellow villagers, our towns people are our constituents. It is our duty to address their concerns.

About cleaning the Jieh street, why it has to be a town effort? just do it with who ever is present or hire it done....

And that’s what we did.

Now as far as Tallet el Raheb, that is a no place for a Aouni. It's a sacred place for all of us especially those who gave it all. You people may go there and pray. There is no need to disturb nature, plant crosses or use that space like your allies are using downtown Beirut these days. Leave that place alone and let the dead rest in peace.

True it’s a sacred place and thus it shall be preserved. I cant beleive you oppose this idea btw. What if an LFr proposed it, would you support it then? i am sure you will.

i was 4 when i served on talet al raheb and talet abou hsein fighting your Eshterakeyee buddies.

Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:18 am

An FPM member purchased the lights. Nobody asked us, we took the initiative ourselves. It has nothing to do with the Wakf money. The wakf has enough expenses to worry about. If the generator is polluting the environment, then lets go solar.

Since it’s an fpm member who bought the light bulbs, that member could be expecting something in return, just like HA provides services in return for people loyalty. To me this is an unethical form of bribery. I don’t believe political parties should be in the business of providing vital services to people no matter how needy they are.
Since the wakf owns the generator, the power lines and the light bulb sockets, the proper thing for the fpm good Samaritan to do was to donate his money for the wakf to buy the needed light bulbs and have their electrician install them.

What harm do they create? Our allies are also our fellow villagers, our towns people are our constituents. It is our duty to address their concerns.

You may not see the harm.. But these are not normal times for the country and the town. I would have preferred giving each household a flash light to find their way in the dark rather than overstepping the baladiye responsibilities. As for your fellow villagers, they are people happen to live there and are the least of my concerns. They didn’t feel our pains when we suffered, didn’t provide us shelter when we were homeless, they didn’t feed us when we were hungry and surely didn’t protect us when we were under attack. Unfortunately, this is the undeniable truth. Today, most of them are aligned with Hizaballah terrorist whose yellow rags beat the wind on half the power poles in your town. Wake up AJ, with half the country living in the fear of their guns, your duty is to stand up to these terrorists and report their aberrations not address their concerns.
And that’s what we did.

Great – then prince is correct. Bala terbi7 jmeeleh. :wink:

True it’s a sacred place and thus it shall be preserved. I cant beleive you oppose this idea btw. What if an LFr proposed it, would you support it then? i am sure you will.

I wouldn’t support any effort to expose old wounds and heighten our profile at this junction in history; not as a sign of weakness but of maturity. We always respected everyone, and in return we expect their respect. Today our martyrs are better served by a beautiful memorial service than a lonely cross on a barren hill.

haroun

Postby danyhr » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:04 am

Really people, i'm not taking any sides, as there is really no side to take, but what's the problem with AJ participating in something productive to him whilst in Jieh? His reasons or ulterior motives, as you might say, is his own business. It comes down to the individual. I personally have no problem with light bulbs or especially trees being planted leading to the Church; i mean, they're trees, leading to our church - God is Nature.

I know i'm maybe a little conservative, but God is watching, and Allah byiffrejah. If people have opposing views on what is being done with any matter, they simply can choose to go about it another way - don't support the party/people/village, whatever, that's how it works.

Have faith in people and see the good, even if it's a grain of sand on the Jieh beach. Do good and the rest will follow. The not so good will be overtaken. Khallas.
In much of your talking, thinking is half murdered - GKG.
danyhr
advanced member

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:34 pm

Abou Jamra wrote:My friend this is the real life in Lebanon and at times fake hope here is better than no hope.

I rest my case. Your defense of the orange motives carries no weight to it.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby GWB » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:17 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:
Abou Jamra wrote:My friend this is the real life in Lebanon and at times fake hope here is better than no hope.

prince to begin your picture of a transformer is most fitting. Your leader has transformed himself from a racist defender of a select group of christains to a slave to sunni interests. His transformation has not changed the outcomes of his policy. As usual he is sacrificing the rights of christians south of our capital so that his family can have self determination.

For the claim that this is off topic, I put forth the idea that his followers are at best implementing his idea that we christians have no right to exist in harmony anywhere but his little canton. We cannot light our streets, we cannot fix our road, we cannot clean our village and we cannot plant trees. Making our lives better is always seen as without evidence and with paranoia as motivated by iran and thus should not be done. The outcome is stagnant unbearable lives forcing many of the natural inhabitants to remain away and in some cases the few remaining inhabitants are forced to leave.

At worst the followers of the great christian defender, the mass murderer (at least he stayed in lebanon and went to jail to come out a slave), are ignorant fools whose hatred of any progress put forward by anyone except themselves has created a situation that is destroying any hope of maintaining a the continued existence of the rightful owners of the lands we live on.

The followers fail to understand the powers that are do not wish for you to exist where you belong. The great leaders ally demolished our houses once before, we would be fools to believe he has changed his motives overnight without evidence. It fills my heart with joy to see our christian character so apparent as to be willing to sacrifice ourselves and the memory of our ancestors to once again fight the self determination of bcharre.
GWB

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:28 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:

what ever man... You have no case no rest. Answer the questions i asked just like i answered yours.

btw i was talking about lebanon in general. what hope could we possible give to people by changing the light bulbs. I think you people are looking too deep into this.

Haroun

Since it’s an fpm member who bought the light bulbs, that member could be expecting something in return, just like HA provides services in return for people loyalty. To me this is an unethical form of bribery. I don’t believe political parties should be in the business of providing vital services to people no matter how needy they are.
Since the wakf owns the generator, the power lines and the light bulb sockets, the proper thing for the fpm good Samaritan to do was to donate his money for the wakf to buy the needed light bulbs and have their electrician install them.

Nothing is expected in return. Don’t always doubt peoples motives. Had the money been donated to the Waef then they would have had to pay the electrician to install them. This initiative saved the Waef both time and money.

You may not see the harm.. But these are not normal times for the country and the town. I would have preferred giving each household a flash light to find their way in the dark rather than overstepping the baladiye responsibilities. As for your fellow villagers, they are people happen to live there and are the least of my concerns. They didn’t feel our pains when we suffered, didn’t provide us shelter when we were homeless, they didn’t feed us when we were hungry and surely didn’t protect us when we were under attack. Unfortunately, this is the undeniable truth. Today, most of them are aligned with Hizaballah terrorist whose yellow rags beat the wind on half the power poles in your town. Wake up AJ, with half the country living in the fear of their guns, your duty is to stand up to these terrorists and report their aberrations not address their concerns.

Ok so we should stop all work and reconstruction in the village just because a few Shia and Hezballah supporters live here. Bhaneek.

Great – then prince is correct. Bala terbi7 jmeeleh.

:roll: i dont get it.

I wouldn’t support any effort to expose old wounds and heighten our profile at this junction in history; not as a sign of weakness but of maturity. We always respected everyone, and in return we expect their respect. Today our martyrs are better served by a beautiful memorial service than a lonely cross on a barren hill.

you really expect me to comment on this?

The cross will only be placed there temporarily. One night only. Eid al Saleeb.

How is this disrespecting anyone?

anyway. whats done is done and FPM jieh will continue its work and mission in Jieh, i dont see anything wrong in it and you some of guys opposing havnt been able to convince me other wise. i gave you the opportunity and asked for advice as i expected it wasnt forthcoming.

You guys can discuss this topic amongst yourselves.

cheers

Abou Jamra

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:05 am

GWB wrote:
Prince Cadmus II wrote:

prince to begin your picture of a transformer is most fitting. Your leader has transformed himself from a racist defender of a select group of christains to a slave to sunni interests. His transformation has not changed the outcomes of his policy. As usual he is sacrificing the rights of christians south of our capital so that his family can have self determination.

For the claim that this is off topic, I put forth the idea that his followers are at best implementing his idea that we christians have no right to exist in harmony anywhere but his little canton. We cannot light our streets, we cannot fix our road, we cannot clean our village and we cannot plant trees. Making our lives better is always seen as without evidence and with paranoia as motivated by iran and thus should not be done. The outcome is stagnant unbearable lives forcing many of the natural inhabitants to remain away and in some cases the few remaining inhabitants are forced to leave.

At worst the followers of the great christian defender, the mass murderer (at least he stayed in lebanon and went to jail to come out a slave), are ignorant fools whose hatred of any progress put forward by anyone except themselves has created a situation that is destroying any hope of maintaining a the continued existence of the rightful owners of the lands we live on.

The followers fail to understand the powers that are do not wish for you to exist where you belong. The great leaders ally demolished our houses once before, we would be fools to believe he has changed his motives overnight without evidence. It fills my heart with joy to see our christian character so apparent as to be willing to sacrifice ourselves and the memory of our ancestors to once again fight the self determination of bcharre.

Great post.

But prince is one of those so called independants. its a shame that such a nice post was wasted on him. Address it to Haroun.

Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:54 am

whats done is done and FPM jieh will continue its work and mission in Jieh, i dont see anything wrong in it and you some of guys opposing havnt been able to convince me other wise. i gave you the opportunity and asked for advice as i expected it wasnt forthcoming.

Thank you for your generosity and open mind. Keep on working then. I am afraid your party has given you a new identity.

haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:35 am

GWB wrote:prince to begin your picture of a transformer is most fitting. Your leader has transformed himself from a racist defender of a select group of christains to a slave to sunni interests.

Who is my leader?

Great post.

But prince is one of those so called independants. its a shame that such a nice post was wasted on him. Address it to Haroun.

Well noted AJ. :lol:
Prince Cadmus II

Postby GWB » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:26 am

Who is my leader?

It is the leader of the party you would vote for if you were allowed to vote.

Its nice that all you got from my post was that i said you had a leader and conveniently looked past how destructive your behaviour is to any progress in our village
GWB

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:07 am

Independents do not have parties, sunshine.

Get your sight on the bigger issues. Progress happens on the part of people as a community, talking, disputing, mending and bending. Exclusion is not the way to go, but if someone can't hack criticism, then they stand in the way of progress like an elephant.
Prince Cadmus II

Next

Return to Politics - Lebanon