Is my dream already coming true??

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Is my dream already coming true??

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:52 am

U.S. Donates Lebanon Three Old Trainer Bombers

The United States is planning to donate old training aircraft to the Lebanese Air Force, bypassing restrictions on arms transfers to Lebanon, the U.S. weekly Defense News reported.
An unnamed U.S. diplomat in Beirut and a senior Lebanese military official told the weekly that "about three" TA-3 jets, the trainer version of the A-3 Skywarrior attack bomber, could be given to Beirut.

"For some reason, US policy does not permit providing Lebanon with offensive weapons, especially air power," the official told the weekly.

"But there is no problem with providing Lebanon with trainers, and hence we have decided to go for this option as a start."

The official said the Lebanese Air Force wants trainers capable of carrying bombs and attacking ground targets.

"We hope this would be the first step before the U.S. is ready to supply us with F-16s," a Lebanese official added.

The Lebanese official, who was not identified, said they were aware that the aircraft are old. "But for us it would be better than nothing."

"Besides, the trainers would be given to the LAF more or less for free," he added.

Defense News also said Lebanon was in discussions to acquire attack helicopters from the United States.(AFP)

Beirut, 12 Nov 07, 18:59

============================================

Is my dream of seeing F-16s with LAF colours flying over Lebanon already coming true???

Wow this is so quick, just after I posted on this last week. Okay I hoped for F-117 Stealth Bombers, F/A-18E/F Super Hornets and some B-52 Superfortress Bombers but F-16s sound mighty fine if they end up there after the training bombers.

People should all be aware that unless one has air power, they do not hold the UPPER hand in war. Literally. That will bring security back to Lebanon and the government.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby haroun » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:04 pm

Prince,

I too love to see some kind of Fantoms in LAF hands, but this is a bad timing. these days, the LA should move its valuable assets out of Lebanon to prevent them from falling in the hands of the terror brigades of fatass and his cronies.

Less than nine days are left of the nine nightmare years of La7oooos.

Less than nine days are left before the thieves and murderers try to control the country..

Less than nine days before people wake up on a new reality, where they'll have to register their newborns in two different offices, pay taxes to two governments, obtain two passports.

Less than nine days before the start of a new period of total chaos.

نقلا عن "الحدث أون لاين": كشف مسؤول غربي كبير على إطلاع واسع بالشؤون الإيرانية والملف اللبناني إلى موقع "الحدث أون لاين" أن حزب الله تلقى تكليف إلهي إيراني باستلام السلطة في لبنان، وان الخطاب الأخير للسيد حسن نصر الله ليس سوى إعلان ببدء تنفيذ هذا التكليف. ويأتي هذا التصعيد كجزء من قرار اتخذته القيادة الإيرانية في تصفية كل من تصفهم بأعداء النظام سواء داخل إيران أو خارجها في ظل تزايد احتمال اقتراب المواجهة الكبرى بين المجتمع الدولي والجمهورية الإسلامية على خلفية تمسكها بحقها بامتلاك الطاقة النووية. إذ تزامن تصريح السيد نصرلله في لبنان مع التهديدات التي أطلقها أحمدي نجاد بوجه الإصلاحيين والمعتدلين داخل النظام الإيراني ووصفهم بالخونة".

وأضاف المصدر: "إن حزب الله لديه خطة متكاملة تجمع بين نموذج غزة وسيناريو 23 كانون الثاني 2007 وهذه الخطة التي يشرف عليها مباشرةً ضباط كبار في الحرس الثوري الإيراني تقضي باجتياح السرايا الحكومي والسيطرة على المطار وعلى أكبر قدر ممكن من الوزارات والإدارات والمؤسسات الرسمية".

وتابع: "ان حلفاء سوريا في لبنان سيكون لهم دور بارز في استكمال تنفيذ خطة الانقلاب، كما أن زعيم التيار الوطني الحر المسيحي العماد ميشال عون سيتولى تنفيذ جزء مهم من هذه الخطة على الأرض في المناطق المسيحية كما سيكون له الدور الفاعل في تأمين الغطاء المسيحي اللازم للحكومة الثانية التي ينوي الرئيس الحالي إميل لحود تشكيلها قبل انتهاء ولايته في 24 تشرين الثاني الحالي".

وكشف هذا المصدر: "بأن هناك معلومات مؤكدة تفيد أن مسألة رفض حزب الله للمحكمة الدولية ليست عرضية بل أساسية نابعة من تورط قادة أمنيين كبار في الحزب بالاغتيالات المتتالية التي وقعت في لبنان وطالت قوى 14 آذار، فحزب الله بعد مشاورات عميقة وحادة جرت مع القيادة الإيرانية في طهران حزم قراره بتغطية جميع عناصره الأمنيين المرتبطين مع المخابرات السورية في التنسيق بالمهام الأمنية في لبنان وذلك من ضمن أهداف خطة الانقلاب على السلطة لمنع تنفيذ القرارات الدولية وعلى رأسها القرار 1757المتعلق بالمحكمة الدولية والقرار 1559 المتعلق بنزع أسلحة الميليشيات".

وختم قائلاً: "إن خطة الاستيلاء على السلطة التي ينوي تنفيذها حزب الله بالتنسيق مع حلفاء سوريا والعماد عون في لبنان باتت في حالة الجهوزية القصوى ولا رجوع عنها وهي تنتظر ساعة الصفر و سوف تكون خاطفة وحازمة على كل المحاور، وهي في حال نجاحها سوف تغير وجه لبنان ونظامه السياسي ليصبح مرتكزاً لعمل الحرس الثوري الإيراني الذي سيتولى إدارة لبنان ليكون قاعدة متقدمة للجمهورية الإسلامية الإيرانية في مواجهة أعداء النظام الإيراني وتطلعاته النووية والإستراتجية في المنطقة".

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:23 pm

I see your point, but to secure this kind of armor means to take over a whole airport.. which then means enemy aircraft can take them down in no time. The fatass's secret is always remaining in hiding, it's effective because it lasts long (and plays the "psychological war"), but it doesn't hold much gravity. The heavier firepower he seeks makes him and his organisation more visible and would mean less manoeuvrability and thus an easy target, and that would be like shooting himself in the nuts.. The first week of the war last year saw over 90% of fatman's long range missile launchers blown out of the front line by target air raids. This was because they can't be moved easily like the katyushas can, katyushas are easy to hide, launch and hide again but they have poor accuracy, but heavier firepower is not so easy.

On the other hand, how else is the LAF meant to secure the skies if they can't perform their own bombing raids on dissident villages and ghettos? Sure.. the cops and soldiers aren't allowed into those areas as they are supposed to... but nobody said they couldn't fly in from above....

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Return to Politics - Lebanon