President General Michel Aoun

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

President General Michel Aoun

Postby Abou Jamra » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:38 am

i guess this is just another one of those times where i have to tell Haroun I TOLD YOU SO.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:02 pm

You may have been right few times in the past but today it's different... It's a new dawn, the cedar revolution is at full thrust and the forces of hell won't be able to stop it.

An M14 president tomorrow. Champaign is ready for celebrate the departure of la7000s and the coming of a real president. Kesak! :D

The picture you posted should have looked like this:

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby FPM Jieh » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:06 pm

Not the king but the king maker.

This is the begining of the resutrection of christian representation in Lebanon. Will Jumblat and Harriri accept???

General Michel Aoun initiative

November 22, 2007

After consulting with the MPs of his parliamentary bloc and with their unanimous approval, MP Michel Aoun presents to all parliamentary blocs concerned in the majority and the opposition, the following initiative for the salvation of the country.

1- General Michel Aoun will name a candidate for the presidency of the republic provided the latter is neither a member of his parliamentary bloc nor of his party and provided he fully agrees to the memorandum of understanding signed with Hizbullah. This candidate will be elected by parliament and his mandate will come to an end immediately after the new parliamentary elections; thereafter the constitutionally required quorum (i.e. the two thirds) will be provided for the election of the new president.

2- In parallel, MP Saad Hariri will name a consensual prime minister provided he is not a member of the future movement and he is committed to the international tribunal.

3- A national unity government is formed in which the representation of the political forces is proportional to their representation in parliament i.e. 55% for the majority and 45% for the opposition. Two major ministerial portfolios (known as “sovereign”) will be granted to the majority and 2 major ministerial portfolios to the opposition.

4- The major items on the agenda of this cabinet are the following:

· To pass a new electoral law (based on the Caza).

· To hold the parliamentary elections according to this law on their due date at the latest.

· To reach a final solution to the issue of the internally displaced and to grant this issue the top financial priority.

· To review the statute of the Constitutional Council and to nominate its remaining members by agreement immediately after the formation of the government and to hasten the settlement of the contested parliamentary seats.

5- Assure the equal distribution among Christians and Muslims in all 1st category administrative, security, and judicial posts according to the Constitution and keeping the army commander in his post for this period of time; and in case of vacancy of this post, it will be exceptionally up to the president of the republic to name a new army commander.

6- This initiative is considered applicable when the majority of the heads of the parliamentary blocs of both the majority and the opposition pledge to respect it and abide by it.
FPM Jieh

Postby FPM Jieh » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:25 pm

Elections will not be held tomorrow. Not even with a simple majority. NO elections unless an agreement is reached before midnight tom. One candidate appointed by GMA is the only way we can have a new president tom.

No champagne, no caviar but hot dogs and beer Haroun.
FPM Jieh

Postby Abou Jamra » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:29 am

I want to know why Batrak Sfeir doesn't endorse the GMA initiative...

what's his problem?

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:24 pm

Batrak Sfeir is not thick headed and serves to unite not just the Maronite community together, but the whole nation. That's why people of all faiths go to visit him. His role is not to isolate and endorse or appoint.. his ministry is to serve calm and peace in the faith of Jesus Christ. It should be enough that he listed Aoun as a potential candidate for president, along with many others.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby haroun » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:07 am

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Return to Politics - Lebanon