The UNCONSTITUTIONAL Thread

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

The UNCONSTITUTIONAL Thread

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:57 am

In addition to a previous thread on unconstitutionality, I thought this would be a more appropriate name for it.

So the latest is Lahoud's departure and his idea that the government is unconstitutional therefore cannot assume powers of the president, temporarily, according to Article 69 of the constitution considering Government Resignation. That's the reason why the army should take control... okay

In detail, this is

Article 69 [Government Resignation]

(1) The Government is considered resigned in the following circumstances:
a. if the Prime Minister resigns;

The PM hasn't resigned so it can't be this one..

b. if it loses more than a third of the members specified in the Decree forming it;

It hasn't lost more than a third of its members. It has only lost 6 out of the 24 ministers that form a government. For illiterates, this amounts to 6/24 = 0.25 --> less than 1 third (0.33)

So this point cannot be the reason for unconstitutionality..
c. if the Prime Minister dies;

Last time I checked, the PM is still alive and well, so its not this one either.

d. at the beginning of the term of the President of the Republic;

A new president hasn't been sworn in yet so it's not this.

e. at the beginning of the term of the Chamber of Deputies;

This part already happened last legislative elections so its not this bit either..

f. when it loses the confidence of the Chamber of Deputies based on the Chamber's initiative or based on the Council's initiative to gain the Chamber's confidence.

The Chamber of Deputies has not commented on this part and has not complained at all...

(2) Ministers are to be dismissed by a Decree signed by the President and the Prime Minister in accordance with Article 65 of the constitution.

This bit hasn't happened at all...

(3) When the Council resigns or is considered resigned, the Chamber of Deputies is automatically considered in extraordinary session until a new Council has been formed and has gained the Chamber's confidence.

Neither has this part...

So what exactly is "unconstitutional" based on?? Nothing. It's simply a person in denial's scare tactic. People live on fear and fear is what gets results. If people remove this fear by reading things correctly, then there will be nothing to worry about. Everything is there on paper and it simply destroys this whole scare tactic of illegitimacy, lawlessness and unconstitutionality which barrages against something that is totally the opposite.

I've seen many many learned people believing this kind of bullcrap, and it's quite a sad moment in history when people don't even question their own allegiances simply because of arrogance instead of beneficence.
==============================================

Article 74 [Vacancy of Presidency]
Should the Presidency become vacant through the death or resignation of the President or for any other cause, the Chamber meets immediately and by virtue of the law to elect a successor. If the Chamber happens to be dissolved at the time the vacancy occurs, the electoral bodies are convened without delay and, as soon as the elections have taken place, the Chamber meets by virtue of the law.

Article 75
The Chamber meeting to elect the President of the Republic is considered an electoral body and not a legislative assembly. It must proceed immediately, without discussion or any other act, to elect the Head of the State.

So it continues, Articles 74 and 75 then mean the chamber has to meet immediately, as an electoral body not a legislature. This means that it does not need the permission of Nabih Berri to convene because "it must proceed immediately, without discussion or any OTHER ACT".

I particularly don't care how controversial or immoral decisions are, but simply stating them unconstitutional, when the constitution is pretty clear on those issues, is absolutely farce and has to be pointed out as I have done here.
Last edited by Prince Cadmus II on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby haroun » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:50 pm

That's is a great analysis PCII, I would add that Senyoura was left to assume these responsibilities by 99% of the Christians – Aoun supporters, who refused to join the elections and the others who so far have refused to push for 50+1 election. Senyoura then, is not only the constitutional pm the preferred choice for pm and acting president (along with his gov) of both Christians and Sunni hence the 2/3 majority of Lebanese. As for the critics of this government I like to repeat what King Carlos of Spain told Chavez of Venezuela couple weeks ago: "Por que no te callas?" or "Why don't you shut up?".

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:31 am

Hail King Carlos of Spain!
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:42 pm

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Boring hey... how about some effective commentary for once?
Prince Cadmus II

Return to Politics - Lebanon