Peace:)

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Peace:)

Postby tammy » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:14 pm

Hello am Tammy El Hajj maybe few know me here.
I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Moreover what I want to say that I was born in Jiyeh. I am a Shiite. To be honest I was afraid of u Christians at first and considered you having a wrong religion but that was before I got to know the real Christianity which now I really respect. However lots of you fear us and the only reason would be IGNORANCE! All I want to say that we are peaceful people just like you. We didn’t choose our religion neither did you. We all come from the same village, same country, so in order to make Jiyeh a better place we must unite and put all our differences behind us. I strongly believe that if everyone flow his/her religion and have morals, it will all lead to peace and tolerance.
tammy

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:54 am

Thank you sister Tammy for this message. I hope it reaches your intended audience. Hopefully people will realise that the only way we can exist is by coexisting.

We wish you a Happy Eid and a Happy New Year. All the best for 2008.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Re: Peace:)

Postby haroun » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:42 am

tammy wrote:Hello am Tammy El Hajj maybe few know me here.
I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Moreover what I want to say that I was born in Jiyeh. I am a Shiite. To be honest I was afraid of u Christians at first and considered you having a wrong religion but that was before I got to know the real Christianity which now I really respect. However lots of you fear us and the only reason would be IGNORANCE! All I want to say that we are peaceful people just like you. We didn’t choose our religion neither did you. We all come from the same village, same country, so in order to make Jiyeh a better place we must unite and put all our differences behind us. I strongly believe that if everyone flow his/her religion and have morals, it will all lead to peace and tolerance.

Tammy,
I like to commend you on your courage and honesty in addressing your fellow Jiehyens on an open forum. Same as you, I was born and raised in Jieh, maybe I even went to the same schools as your parents and shared with them many memories. At that time I recall our parents worked together to make the town a good place for all of us. The Christian and Muslim communities of Jieh looked at each others as friends and good neighbors; they knew each other by first name and participated in the other’s joyful and sorrowful moments.

When you say “lots of you fear us and the only reason would be IGNORANCE!” that is not completely accurate.. Most Christians from Jieh are educated and well versed in the history of Islam, their fears of Muslim grew mostly from personal experiences. There hasn’t been a family among them that wasn’t heavily affected by the wars and religious strives of the last 30 years.

As you’re aware, politics in Lebanon sorts people by their religious affiliation, which makes everyone look to those who he disagree with as sectarian fanatics!. This is Lebanon... and so is Jieh. I think many of us have moved past this reality and are dealing with it each his own way. This makes it difficult for the average Christian to find common grounds with the average Muslim and overcome their “differences”. We’d love to hear and discuss your ideas on putting these differences behind us, and what were the basis of your fears from the Christians in Jieh.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:19 am

Hi Tammy, welcome to the board.

Here, everyone speaks their mind and uses thought and reason to accomplish it. You've done that and so you fit in well here.

You shouldn't ever have a reason to be afraid of others because many fears are always inherited from those who know less than us and so create unnecessary social boundaries.

Also, the Lebanese have a tendency to label others on many levels and this is what this forum is aiming to erode. Of course people can fly their colours, but there are plenty who do not fly colours and are the ones who are really free from that social virus that is maniacal political paranoia that leads to arrogance and conflicting values.

Here is a place for nitpicking, stone turning, and general humour and thought.

Welcome aboard again.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Return to Politics - Lebanon