Electoral Law

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Electoral Law

Postby Adel » Mon May 19, 2008 4:15 am

Where can i find what the LF is saying regarding the negotiations in Qatar?
Adel

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Mon May 19, 2008 5:55 am

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Adel » Tue May 20, 2008 2:32 am

so the following are verified

Amin said the Christians in Beirut are getting all they deserve- does anyone else think there is a bit of spite in the heart of the man

LF now want a arab (read sunni) peacekeeping force in lebanon

and BOTH want the vast majority of deputies in Beirut to be elected by sunnis
Adel

Postby haroun » Tue May 20, 2008 5:22 am

Adel wrote:so the following are verified

Amin said the Christians in Beirut are getting all they deserve- does anyone else think there is a bit of spite in the heart of the man

LF now want a arab (read sunni) peacekeeping force in lebanon

and BOTH want the vast majority of deputies in Beirut to be elected by sunnis

What’s verified? None of what you wrote is accurate or true or can be verified. The LF doesn't want any peacekeeping force in Lebanon. Geagea suggested an Arab force to protect Beirut (and Beirut Only) from HA terrorists. The population (not only Sunni) of Beirut has become at the mercy of fatass and berri and their gangs at the time our Lebanese Army is enjoying the show from afar. I bet you if fatass wins at the end of day, he'll pull the uniform off the lebanese soldiers backs before sending them home.

Amin is right- Beirut is happy with its representation, the only one complaining is the retard michel Aoun. We all know that Aoun does not represent the Christians of Lebanon, he represents the people that voted for him - Beirut is not his concern.

Yes BOTH Amin and the LF want the vast majority of deputies in Beirut to be elected by Sunnis (vast majority of the Beirutis).. Who do you want to elect them the Syrians or the Iranians?

If you feel deceived by the drive by media of leymoun and yellows and find yourself always looking to verify their stories on LF leaning sites you are not the only one. I encourage you to place your questions here and we'll do our best to answer them in a fair and balanced way.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Adel » Tue May 20, 2008 5:54 am

haroun wrote:
What’s verified? None of what you wrote is accurate or true or can be verified.

its seems you agreed with every point

The LF doesn't want any peacekeeping force in Lebanon. Geagea suggested an Arab force to protect Beirut (and Beirut Only) from HA terrorists.

i didnt realise beirut wasnt in leabnon.

The population (not only Sunni) of Beirut has become at the mercy of fatass and berri and their gangs at the time our Lebanese Army is enjoying the show from afar. I bet you if fatass wins at the end of day, he'll pull the uniform off the lebanese soldiers backs before sending them home.

whose fatass?

Amin is right- Beirut is happy with its representation, the only one complaining is the retard michel Aoun. We all know that Aoun does not represent the Christians of Lebanon, he represents the people that voted for him - Beirut is not his concern.

what does this mean?
have you asked beirut what it wants? are you guessing or is there a poll im missing

Yes BOTH Amin and the LF want the vast majority of deputies in Beirut to be elected by Sunnis (vast majority of the Beirutis).. Who do you want to elect them the Syrians or the Iranians?

how do you know the proportions that vote?i cant find them.

If you feel deceived by the drive by media of leymoun and yellows and find yourself always looking to verify their stories on LF leaning sites you are not the only one. I encourage you to place your questions here and we'll do our best to answer them in a fair and balanced way.

thank you... thats why i started this thread.

so i am right that LF and amin are happy with the way the hariri wants to allocate the capital?

if the vast majority is sunni then i agree with them that its fair.
Adel

Postby haroun » Tue May 20, 2008 6:45 am

Adel wrote:its seems you agreed with every point.

I did? You seem to read my mind better than me. I tried to disagree with every point.
Adel wrote:i didnt realise beirut wasnt in leabnon.

Everyday we learn something new!
Adel wrote:whose fatass?

The head cheer leader of the Nepali cricket National team
Adel wrote:what does this mean?
Have you asked beirut what it wants? are you guessing or is there a poll im missing

I hate to disappoint you, yes I did.
Adel wrote:how do you know the proportions that vote?i cant find them..

Review the exit polls of 2005, or ask that pumpkin head in Rabieh.

haroun

Postby Adel » Tue May 20, 2008 2:12 pm

just assume i dont know how to find any of these figures. do you have time to at least post a link?

i read today the sunnis were not an absolute majority. but im sure this will be disputed. so if you can lead me the right way i can get to teh bottom of things.
Adel

Postby Adel » Tue May 20, 2008 2:19 pm

In all Beirut you have 420,000 voters in total.
Out of those voters you have:
- 180,000 Sunni
- 57,000 Chiites
- 5000 Druze

from one of those sources whose colour you dont like.
Adel

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue May 20, 2008 3:58 pm

The LF doesn't want any peacekeeping force in Lebanon. Geagea suggested an Arab force to protect Beirut

جعجع: فشل حوار الدوحة يجعل طلب إرسال قوة عربية إلى لبنان أمرا ملحا

Any army in lebanon other than the LA & the UN will dealt with as an occupying force. the last thing we need in lebanon is an arab army, who will do little other than oppress the people and guard the sunni leaders and their puppets. use their dictatorial wahhabi regimes as an example.

Get real jaajaa. It wont happen.

need i remind you who the majority of christians voted for in the 2005 elections? TSUNAMI michel aoun. If Harriri and co dont feel a similar fear now then why are they so hesitant on changing the electoral law in Beirut whilst they are willing to partition every other district in the country?

Yes BOTH Amin and the LF want the vast majority of deputies in Beirut to be elected by Sunnis (vast majority of the Beirutis)..

Damn right they do. because they have no chance of been elected by christians. Imagine if solange gemayel contested her seat with Poussy Ashkar in Ashrafieh he will win by a land slide.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Tue May 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Adel wrote:In all Beirut you have 420,000 voters in total.
Out of those voters you have:
- 180,000 Sunni
- 57,000 Chiites
- 5000 Druze

from one of those sources whose colour you dont like.

If I don't like their colors is for a reason. You say: "in all of Beirut I have 420000 voters in total". That is deceiving. In Beirut they counted over 731568 electorates of whom 418122 voted in the last elections. That's about 57%. The numbers you're stating are bogus self serving and meant for propaganda purposes. They have nothing to do with the reality of the population distribution.

Anyway, why are you people so uptight about changing the law while the terrorist Berri is silencing the current representatives and shutting down the Parliament? What use is electing people if their choices are to stand after fatass, Berri and Aoun and repeat what they say or stay home?

I don't see a reason to negotiate anything with Syrian and Iranian terrorists except the surrender of their weapons. I could care less if they ever get any representation until they show that they believe in the constitution and in preserving the country.

Terrorists belong in jail not in government.

haroun

Postby Adel » Wed May 21, 2008 12:29 am

If I don't like their colors is for a reason. You say: "in all of Beirut I have 420000 voters in total". That is deceiving. In Beirut they counted over 731568 electorates of whom 418122 voted in the last elections. That's about 57%. The numbers you're stating are bogus self serving and meant for propaganda purposes. They have nothing to do with the reality of the population distribution.

these are the only number i have and if you go to nowlebanon the numbers stand. im not sure where you get you 731568, nowlebanon assumes there are 250000 + 100000 + 80000 = 430000.

if you know something more share it.

Anyway, why are you people so uptight about changing the law while the terrorist Berri is silencing the current representatives and shutting down the Parliament? What use is electing people if their choices are to stand after fatass, Berri and Aoun and repeat what they say or stay home?

This is a different argument. im not sure what you wish me to respond. is berri by not allowing the election of the president acting illegally?

it would be nice if we could stick to the argument in this thread and if you wish to address the current action of the opposition i suggest you open a different thread and i will respond there, if i understand what you are talking about.

I don't see a reason to negotiate anything with Syrian and Iranian terrorists except the surrender of their weapons. I could care less if they ever get any representation until they show that they believe in the constitution and in preserving the country.

so one side are terrorists and teh other side are peace loving caretakers?

i started this thred to know what was happening. why it shouldnt happen is a normative question and i dont think im fit to answer it.

Terrorists belong in jail not in government.

i agree. along with thieves and murders.

i feel we are getting close to an answer. im excited.
Adel

Postby haroun » Wed May 21, 2008 1:54 am

Here's my source it is:
http://www.localiban.org/spip.php?rubrique150
They don't breakdown the voters by sects. nowlebanon is not an official site of the government, their figures look bogus to say the least.

Adel wrote:so one side are terrorists and teh other side are peace loving caretakers?

Ya 3ine 3leik! you got it. People who acquire missiles and set them up in others backyards without the least respect to their safety and the laws are called terrorists. People who kill the brightest of the society to get them out their way are called terrorists. People who sneak over the borders to kidnap soldiers and harm innocents are called terrorists. People who take their orders from Iran Islamic regime to kill and defy their government are called terrorists. People who attack their neighbours in their homes and shut down the capital meanwhile are called terrorists. People who forcefully shutdown the only Airport in the country are called terrorists. People who pitch tents in DT Beirut to choke its life and cause the bakrupcy of thousands of fellow citizens are called terrorists. People who attack Israel knowing it's going to retaliate and cause million people to run for their lives and destroy the country are called terrorists. People classified by the US government and the international community as terrorists are terrorists. People who deal with terrorists are terrorists. People who defend terrorists are terrorists.

The other side however, is doing nothing of that sort and in fact they are commended and supported by the leaders of the free world and President George W Bush himself.

Ok, ok I'll stop at that.. and go back your question wanting to know what's happening? Every thing is great my friend, the leaders of our country happend to have converged on Doha, the top vacation spot this year and are spending the time of their lives in 5 star hotels 2ekleen, sherbeen Neymeen medri 3a 7seb meen?.

Adel wrote:i agree. along with thieves and murders.

I agree. Thieves and murderers.. emmm? who do you have in mind?
I am sure you included those who've been stealing electricity in Da7ieh, and those who confiscated private and public property to install an illegal communication network to serve their masters terror schemes, and build missile bases to kill innocents. I am sure you also included those who carried weapons and went on a killing rampage of unarmed civilians last week. I agree with you 100% - hallelujah.

Adel wrote:im excited.

Maybe this will excite you more. I just heard that the leaders in Doha agreed to agree - no details yet.

haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed May 21, 2008 5:01 am

That's right, there is an agreement and it's being signed as we speak...

They wanted unity, they got it, no one gets everything they wanted, but it's all been mixed into a unity agreement and is being signed.

Now everyone can go home.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Adel » Wed May 21, 2008 1:22 pm

is anyone unhappy with the result?
Adel

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed May 21, 2008 1:54 pm

Adel wrote:is anyone unhappy with the result?

Seems like a fair and balanced one to me considering the circumstances.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Next

Return to Politics - Lebanon