Electoral Law

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Mon May 26, 2008 10:06 am

I think what will happen today is that Christians in general will stop boycotting the elections like they have been practising over the past decade which I believe was so foolish.

With this new electoral law, I can place my bets that you will see a much higher voter turnout in 2009, most likely sky-rocketing and changing the political landscape because of restored confidence that their vote is not being usurped by neighbouring communities being forced into their group.

I am very sure there will be plenty of surprises in the 2009 elections and don't be surprised if these previous phantoms come into the light again. From this, it will be extremely hard to determine any outcome and the odds can go either way right now.

I still believe however that Marjayoun should be divorced from Hazbayya and not remain the same as it was in the 2000 election law. It should be divorced and separated just like the Caza of Jezzine was.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon May 26, 2008 1:37 pm

It will be a cockfight amongst the christians and noone else. Hopefuly batrak stays out of this one.

may the best team with the best program win, and hopefully a program that goes a little further than just finding out the truth about harriris assassination...

hopefully the christian mind is liberated by then and hopefully they chose to use it.

1960 is ONE OFF. Use it or lose it.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Previous

Return to Politics - Lebanon