Meet Lebanons Next President.

Postby Charbel » Wed May 21, 2008 5:55 am

http://yalibnan.com/site/archives/2008/ ... el_sul.php

Well one thing for sure. He aint cute.
Charbel
advanced member

Re: Meet Lebanons Next President.

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed May 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Charbel wrote:Well one thing for sure. He aint cute.

Another sure thing is he wasn't a candidate. But let's put our differences aside and get behind him. Although there is little this parking attendant can do considering he doesnt have a parliamentary blocka ...and what ever powers the president previously had were stripped away by the sunnis in Taef. Thank God for GMA's presence in Doha.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed May 21, 2008 1:14 pm

Bloody JAAJAA whats his problem?

مراسل الجديد في قطر: القوات اللبنانية تحفظت على آلية انتخاب رئيس الجمهورية وقال جعجع ان نوابه سيشاركون في جلسة الاحد ولكن لن يصوتوا

they wanted a concensus president... we gave them one.Now they (LF) dont want to vote for him... ah well tough luck. Gen Sleiman will be the 17th president of the republic whether the LF like it or not. We ought to take the ministery of tourism of these suckers. We get 5 now :D

القوات اللبنانية: لم نتحفظ على انتخاب العماد سليمان رئيساً للجمهورية بل طالبنا بتعديل الدستور لانتخابه

yes i am all for a constitutional ammendment. The leader of the largest christian block should be president.

Abou Jamra

Postby Adel » Wed May 21, 2008 1:31 pm

he wants to be heard.

we heard him last week

the silence was deafening.
Adel

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed May 21, 2008 1:51 pm

سمير جعجع يؤكد أن الحكومة لن تتراجع عن قراريها والحكومة تتراجع اليوم

jaajaa: the government wont back down on the two decisions.

LOL not only did the gov back down... The gov will stand down.

This guy actually thinks what he has to say still matters (it think it still does to may chidiac.. who is furious now... poor lady was hoping to contest the 2009 elections. shame now the sunnis wont be voting for her) as i said 3 days ago he is returning to lebanon as little other than a lugguage boy.

72ouk wa matalib al massi7eye fawk kel 2e3tebar. Sure ya JaaJaa bas bdak meen y7a2e2 haide le mtalib.

General Michel Aoun 7a2a2 kil matalib el masa7iyeh.

Thank you general.

Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Thu May 22, 2008 6:27 am

Abou Jamra wrote:سمير جعجع يؤكد أن الحكومة لن تتراجع عن قراريها والحكومة تتراجع اليوم

jaajaa: the government wont back down on the two decisions.

LOL not only did the gov back down... The gov will stand down.

This guy actually thinks what he has to say still matters (it think it still does to may chidiac.. who is furious now... poor lady was hoping to contest the 2009 elections. shame now the sunnis wont be voting for her) as i said 3 days ago he is returning to lebanon as little other than a lugguage boy.

72ouk wa matalib al massi7eye fawk kel 2e3tebar. Sure ya JaaJaa bas bdak meen y7a2e2 haide le mtalib.

General Michel Aoun 7a2a2 kil matalib el masa7iyeh.

Thank you general.

Hurray! Hurray! the Syrian Iranian coaltion won... The terrorists won, they got to keep their weapons pointed at our heads and the retard aoun was bought with a life time supply of MOU toilet papers and 5 ministerial posts to reward his staff always being ready to burn tires and shut down the capital.

While all this is going on, our beloved Patriarch visited the White House today to ask for support and help to protect and defend 72ouk wa matalib al massi7eye and keep the Syrian/Iranian terrorists in check.

My expectations from Michel La7oos Sleiman the incoming general are measured in Angstroms (10^-10 meter). His major accomplishment of 9 years in Baabda will be getting himself elected over the bodies of fellow citizens massacred by the holy swords of fatass army. Mabrook 3ala Lebnen b heik president.

I see couple positive outcomes from Doha agreement; 1. It gives enough time for people to gather their belongings and be ready get the hell out. 2. AJ will have plenty of material to make fun of the only voice of logic and reason in Lebanon.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Fri May 23, 2008 6:11 am

AJ, when Aoun said on NAtional Television in the late 80s that he will never leave Lebanon, yet ran to France, what is it or what kind of other agreement would he have done to make peace and brings the guns silent?

Surely Taef was necessary to achieve peace in the country, and it has worked..... However, Aoun used force of course, he used Saddam Hussein (Sunni) weapons to fight the Syrians, and then losing.

So he lost a war with help... What makes you think he would have done anything better than Taef? Tell me something diplomatic please

Aoun today is not the Aoun of '89, and you keep making these inferences of him and switching history around to suit your argument but it is a non sequitur.... it does not follow through. History has shown you cannot use force to get what you want. Aoun is far from a diplomatic human, which is why he cannot, by agreement, be president.

A president is a president of all of Lebanon, not of Christian Lebanon. Sure he hails from the Christian community but you have to stop playing the sectarian game here. He claims to be non-sectarian himself yet he is playing the sectarian game more than anyone. He must first prove to the populace that he is one for all and not just some, to fight for the rights of everybody and not a select few.

It would be much appreciated if you stop spreading this kind of nonsensical logic of fallacies when the facts are clear: You cannot mix today with 20 years ago.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Adel » Fri May 23, 2008 2:52 pm

PC2, im not following how you post was relevant in reference to what AJ said.

im sure it is, im just saying i dont get it.
Adel

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Sat May 24, 2008 12:12 am

Well Adel, AJ simply points the finger and picks sides instead of being truly critical. By using his own pre-packaged reservations about certain people, he converts subjective feelings into objective ones by making statements that only support his team leader and annihilate all others.

He says that the rights of Christians would be on top of everything. Firstly, there were no rights of Christians spoken of at Doha, Aoun was just acting head of the opposition. So whether it was Aoun there or not, it would have been the same result. He just happens to be a Christian. If you are a Presidential hopeful, you cannot divulge in this kind of sectarian cheating. You fight for Lebanon and all of Lebanon. If you emphasise Christian Lebanon too much you will end up on the sidelines again and I think it would be a gross underestimation of reality here. Christians have risen again because there is no foreign power today physically in the country calling the shots anymore. Each and every community is standing on their own two feet, so it is great there is a good diversity here with Aoun and others, each standing for their section of Lebanon. This is wonderful. But to get up and start pointing the finger of blame here is really deceptive because it victimises sides that were not necessarily a causal relationship to the problem at hand. Aoun's exile (and Gemayel in Cyprus) in Paris while the rest bore the brunt of the aftermath of the civil war certainly do not free him from guilt. He either fled because he was selfishly trying to save his own back side, or he fled because he realised his presence was no longer in the best interests of the nation. These two statements prove that one cannot be a die hard follower of any side for too long, for eternity.

There are two options here, you either succeed because you are generally better, or you take the cheap shot and sabotage all the opponents that are not on your side so you have an easy winning.

AJ seems to employ the second part more than the first, and I think, for him to be glorifying and whitewashing his team at all costs would simply be a cheat of what goes on in real life and falls short of a more realistic account of events. By fingering and pinpointing, one is simply being exclusive and not inclusive.... this is the spirit of civil war, by being nihilist: "If I don't like it, I'll destroy it".
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Adel » Sat May 24, 2008 1:18 am

so it was a generalised response from past experience?

Firstly, there were no rights of Christians spoken of at Doha, Aoun was just acting head of the opposition.

i disagree with this statement. the decision to adopt the caza law was specifically targeted at removing the gerrymandering under the old law. it was designed to guarantee the proportion of the population that opposed Syrian rule would be silence.

If you read through the statements leading up to the talks you will find teh motivation of the change in law was to remove to disenfranchisement of christians.

The issue of armenian disenfranchisement became the core issue after the initial plan hariri put forward at the meeting.

The issue of Christians in Beirut is apparent when reading the statement issued by Amine regarding representation. he said if i recall correctly that the initial hariri plan fairly represented christians. which it obviously doesnt. they represent more than 1/4 of voter according to any numbers i have seen. it aslo highlighted the oppositions willingness allow the over representation of sunnis.

Geagea in his speech on LBC after the Doho was over made it clear that the amenian vote in was specifically targetted as FM did not want to put them with shia voters.

So whether it was Aoun there or not, it would have been the same result

how did you determine this statement? This statement only holds true if teh changes in the majority benefit Aoun and teh opposition. For that to be the case the majority of Christian voter must be supporting Aoun. Otherwise the changes the opposition made, they made against their self interest.

The predominate change at Doho was the isolation of the christening vote allowing that segment of society of chose its own representatives. if these votes do not go to teh opposition then the changes were of no benefit and should not have been rationally pursued.

the statement that the opposition in the absence of Aoun would have achieved the same result does not hold.

1. the voters are christian
2. they will vote for their own candiate
3. if they vote for the oppositon, teh benifit is for teh oppostion,
4. if that is the case the benfit occurs because Aoun exists

OR

1. the voters are christian
2. they will vote for their own candiate
3. they will not vote for the oppositon
4. if the is teh case the oppositon in teh absence of Aoun would not have done teh same as it is into in their benefit

If you are a Presidential hopeful, you cannot divulge in this kind of sectarian cheating. You fight for Lebanon and all of Lebanon. If you emphasise Christian Lebanon too much you will end up on the sidelines again and I think it would be a gross underestimation of reality here.

Who Aoun or AJ :)

Christians have risen again because there is no foreign power today physically in the country calling the shots anymore

there was a transfer of power at Doho we both agree. The transfer was from teh powerful to the powerless. We both know that is not a natural progression.

AJ seems to employ the second part more than the first, and I think, for him to be glorifying and whitewashing his team at all costs would simply be a cheat of what goes on in real life and falls short of a more realistic account of events. By fingering and pinpointing, one is simply being exclusive and not inclusive.... this is the spirit of civil war, by being nihilist: "If I don't like it, I'll destroy it".

Do you think it is only AJ that employs this technique or is it endemic in this forum?
Adel

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Sat May 24, 2008 7:28 am

Okay Adel that is fair enough.

So how do you address the continuous Christian boycott of elections since the Taef accord? What would be your impression of the results if these people were to begin voting again?

Do you think that these ghosts who have not voted over the past decade will be voting for the opposition in these new Caza based elections or will it be something else? Also, have they stated that this new electoral law will cover South Lebanon and Nabatiye?

You said something about the Doha agreement not being a natural process... Welcome to Lebanon, Lebanon is a land where the opposition thinks it is the government, where the loser says he really is the winner and puts it into action, where the government doesn't act as a government. Do you call that natural when comparing to the rest of the normal world? There is nothing natural about the whole political process.

However it is Lebanon, you fight for your right to exist, and hopefully this new electoral process will bring about the change it is intended to, otherwise it is yet another ploy in the ongoing saga to waste more time and weave conflict after conflict into the web that is Lebanon where each leader goes to incredible extents to prove that they are the righteous people as opposed to others competing with them.
Prince Cadmus II

Return to Politics - Lebanon