The TV Leader

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

The TV Leader

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Fri May 23, 2008 8:09 am

News Headlines wrote:8:00am Hizbullah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah will make a TV appearance on Monday on the occasion of Liberation Day.

I don't see how this is regarded as news.. This is old news. Why does it need to be announced? For the common go today is he always will make a TV appearance, which begs the question, why go to a rally to watch a television screen when you can do it with popcorn in the comfort of your own living room... It's like going to watch the Tennis, but sitting outside and watching the screen instead... What is the point of that?

It's self-defeating... perhaps people need to be psyched up and mentally trained and cleansed...by being warned a few days beforehand for his upcoming appearance on TV...
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Fri May 23, 2008 3:56 pm

like the super bowl it's an event that stops the nation.

Man you are still yet to understand the phenomenon that is Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Fri May 23, 2008 4:22 pm

like the super bowl it's an event that stops the nation.

Yes, the super bowl of asses. Fatass is the quarter back ahmadi matress maker and bashar the girafe are the coaches.

I can't imagine anyone except the terror cheering network of 3aounyeh aoumieh sourieh iranieh drop what he's doing to bother with this bizarre event.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Sat May 24, 2008 12:03 am

Abou Jamra wrote:like the super bowl it's an event that stops the nation.

Man you are still yet to understand the phenomenon that is Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah.

Just as I'm still grappling with the phenomenon that was Adolf Hitler... he came, he conquered, but then he committed suicide because he was a pussy cat. So big and strong he supposedly was.... however....this was all a facade for the weakness that lurked deep beneath the veil of ignorance.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby tammy » Sat May 24, 2008 9:06 am

why do u care if pple went and saw him or not if they announced it or not!!! whether u like him or not or listen to him or not what he says is important not only to the lebanese but to the nation even isrealies wait to see what he is going to say!
tammy

Postby haroun » Tue May 27, 2008 3:53 pm

tammy wrote:why do u care if pple went and saw him or not if they announced it or not!!! whether u like him or not or listen to him or not what he says is important not only to the lebanese but to the nation even isrealies wait to see what he is going to say!

مع كل إطلالة لنصرالله على بيروت أن تشتعل ويسقط الضحايا. ألم يشعر يوما هذا السيّد أن اللبنانيين سئموا رائحة الدماء مع كل إطلالة له؟ أهل بيروت باتوا ينتظرون مصيرا أسود لهم مع كل إعلان عن إطلالة لنصرالله فيبتهلون الى الله أن يردّ عنهم شرّ هذه الاطلالات.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue May 27, 2008 5:07 pm

tammy wrote:why do u care if pple went and saw him or not if they announced it or not!!! whether u like him or not or listen to him or not what he says is important not only to the lebanese but to the nation even isrealies wait to see what he is going to say!

There probably was a point in time when what this man had to say was significant. But when someone is consistently predictable, there is no reason to keep feeding yourself what leaders like this have to say because its value just goes round in circles.

After a period of time you realise that there really is no value, nothing new to this regurgitating pattern of political rhetoric, and watching it only feeds you the things you want to hear or fear worst, rather than anything new or life-changing. That's the reason it should not be such a big deal or shock news like I stated in my first post, because it's the same old thing over and over again.

There is a certain degree of glorification here, in that certain parties make it out to be a lot bigger than what it really is, but is anybody really plucking out the function of value in this predictable rhetoric?? I really doubt it.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby tammy » Wed May 28, 2008 2:10 pm

I JUST CANT GET LEH BADKON T3AL2O 3ALEH LA HAL MA5LOO2!!! HOWE RA2IIS HIZIB ILLO TE2EL BI LEBNEN! IL 3ALAM MA 3AM TMOOT MIN WARA KIL MA YETLA3 SIYSE 3ANNA IL 3ALAM BET2AWES W LAST TIME 7EKA IL SANYOURA MET SHAB 3EMRO 14 SINI WALA HAYDA MA BTEZEKRO KAMEN!!!IF U ARE WITH OR AGAINIST HIZIBALLA IF U CARE OR U DONT CARE WHAT THAT MAN HAS TO SAY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD DO CARE SO AM SORRY U HE CANT STOP TALKING BECAUSE SOME OF U DONT CARE!
AND JUST SO U KNOW ISREAL(HOPE U DIDNT FORGET THAT IT KILLED OUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS AND U MAY BE NEXT!)STILL EXIST AND LEBANESE HOSTAGES ARE STILL THERE SO THERE IS A POINT FOR HIM TALKING HE IS THE ONLY MAN WHO CAN GET THEM OUT(IF U CARE THEY WERE FIGHTING FOR U TO LIVE WITH DIGNITY!!!!)STE7O 3ALA DAMKON INTO SHA3EB LEZEM TEFTE5RO 3ANDKON MOKAWAMI W JEYEN MIN BALAD MOKAWEM!!!
tammy

Postby Adel » Wed May 28, 2008 2:35 pm

tammy wrote:I JUST CANT GET LEH BADKON T3AL2O 3ALEH LA HAL MA5LOO2!!! HOWE RA2IIS HIZIB ILLO TE2EL BI LEBNEN! IL 3ALAM MA 3AM TMOOT MIN WARA KIL MA YETLA3 SIYSE 3ANNA IL 3ALAM BET2AWES W LAST TIME 7EKA IL SANYOURA MET SHAB 3EMRO 14 SINI WALA HAYDA MA BTEZEKRO KAMEN!!!IF U ARE WITH OR AGAINIST HIZIBALLA IF U CARE OR U DONT CARE WHAT THAT MAN HAS TO SAY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD DO CARE SO AM SORRY U HE CANT STOP TALKING BECAUSE SOME OF U DONT CARE!
AND JUST SO U KNOW ISREAL(HOPE U DIDNT FORGET THAT IT KILLED OUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS AND U MAY BE NEXT!)STILL EXIST AND LEBANESE HOSTAGES ARE STILL THERE SO THERE IS A POINT FOR HIM TALKING HE IS THE ONLY MAN WHO CAN GET THEM OUT(IF U CARE THEY WERE FIGHTING FOR U TO LIVE WITH DIGNITY!!!!)STE7O 3ALA DAMKON INTO SHA3EB LEZEM TEFTE5RO 3ANDKON MOKAWAMI W JEYEN MIN BALAD MOKAWEM!!!

i completely agree with tammy

although i would like to add that we as a people should not have to be aligned to one of our neighbors.

everytime we mention the abuses by israel we shoudl remember syria did has done worse. if he was fair he would mention syrian abuses as well.
Adel

Postby tammy » Wed May 28, 2008 2:45 pm

thats true but lets focus on the enemy after all syria aint an enemy and his mission is againist isreal. 7olafa te3olo keno 3am bi talbo bi il 2asra bi syria!!!
tammy

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed May 28, 2008 3:22 pm

If you have a lion asleep in the cage nextdoor with the door open, do you wake it up or do you keep it asleep? What is the wiser option to make?

My choice is to keep the lion asleep.

Also I really hate it when leaders make speeches on television. I would much prefer if they keep their views to the sunday newspaper editorial sections. Why is it that everytime someone has to get up and make "yet another" speech, celebratory gunfire has to ring out across the country? Don't they run out of words to yell out? Don't the people run out of ammunition? It's such a waste of ammunition to be firing in the air (and people get wounded accidentally).

The intention is not to negate these leaders, but for them to approach their goals in different ways. Why does every leader have to get up and make such a big fuss that he is going to make a speech for? So many die hard followers of course will be praising every word that comes out of their mouth whether it makes sense or whether it was dug out of the ground. Even if they speak "ejrhwklejrhweklrjbnwlekjnsdlgfnsdfgsdlfgsdlkgjnsdlgnsldfgnsldfgnsdfgbabndsf,amn" it will be regarded as the greatest thing ever said.

This is the reason why I began this topic thread because the time has come where all these speeches are speeches after speeches after speeches are really becoming a bit too overused now. They are not as valuable anymore because they are doing more harm than good. They just serve as fuel to the fire because they seem to only whip their die-hard followers up into more of a frenzy. Why else do you think everybody is on the street fighting each other? It's because they watch television, not because they read newspapers. What they see on TV greatly influences their behaviour, so if you cut out this speech telecast warfare, you would be surprised to see the effect it has.

All sides have done bad, whether friendly or enemy: The greatest step is to stop lying to one's self by terming one side as bad and another as good. No one side is better than another because all have prostituted the land called Lebanon for their own gains from Israel to Syria to Iran to Saudi Arabia, and finally in Lebanon itself internally. People should not be afraid to identify that problems exist in their own backyard before they do elsewhere.
Last edited by Prince Cadmus II on Wed May 28, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Adel » Wed May 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:If you have a lion asleep in the cage nextdoor with the door open, do you wake it up or do you keep it asleep? What is the wiser option to make?

i would make sure when it wakes up it want to eat something other than me.
Adel

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed May 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Adel wrote:
Prince Cadmus II wrote:If you have a lion asleep in the cage nextdoor with the door open, do you wake it up or do you keep it asleep? What is the wiser option to make?

I would make sure the door is closed first. And KEPT closed.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed May 28, 2008 3:46 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:
Adel wrote:

I would make sure the door is closed first. And KEPT closed.

so your using force... no?

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed May 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Hehe, hard question to answer....
I'm enforcing the use of non-violence in a non-provocative way... would that be regarded as force? Enforcing restraint. Perhaps if you want to be legal about it, then you can argue to certain degrees on that side, but the intention is not to use force, and the intention is important here.
Prince Cadmus II

Next

Return to Politics - Lebanon