I am disgusted - how about you?

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Postby jieh2008 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 am

Haroun i thought you are a texan, sorry, anyway go Mc Cain.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Whats with the flirting? you will be seeing him soon.

McCain?? Are you guys serious, the world needs reformists, people who are progressive in thought as well as nature. Liberal, elitist whatever you want to label him Obama is the man. And dont go on about about mccains military service and heroics the guy surrendered after been shot down and he spent the war in a prison camp, where conditions werent really that bad. Whilsts the boys were fighting in the trenches he was dreaming of becoming president. Obama is here to shatter that dream.

Again the only way he can win is if Colin Powel is his VP and Obama nominates someone other than Gen Wesley Clark or Sen Clinton as his running mate.

Go Barak

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:17 am

Abou Jamra wrote:Whats with the flirting? you will be seeing him soon.

McCain?? Are you guys serious, the world needs reformists, people who are progressive in thought as well as nature. Liberal, elitist whatever you want to label him Obama is the man. And dont go on about about mccains military service and heroics the guy surrendered after been shot down and he spent the war in a prison camp, where conditions werent really that bad. Whilsts the boys were fighting in the trenches he was dreaming of becoming president. Obama is here to shatter that dream.

Again the only way he can win is if Colin Powel is his VP and Obama nominates someone other than Gen Wesley Clark or Sen Clinton as his running mate.

Go Barak

My understanding of the US election is which one will get the independents votes, the 80% of Clinton backers, the Jewish, some Latinos, and the VPs. It depends on which VP Barak or MC cain will choose. The only hope for Barak is Clinton, otherwise let him go and bit the dust, as for Mc Cain, he has a lot of choices, and the best one for him will be Lieberman (democrat, independent, and Jewish). Powell is finish; he does not have a political future anymore unless Barak will give him a job. Clark! Who is Clark? When I googled his name, the only think I came up with is that he is the attack dog for Obama. A dog and VP don’t go together. ABOU JAMRA, give haroun a chance and say with me: yes go Mc Cain.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:43 pm

jieh2008 wrote:
My understanding of the US election is which one will get the independents votes, the 80% of Clinton backers, the Jewish, some Latinos, and the VPs. It depends on which VP Barak or MC cain will choose. The only hope for Barak is Clinton, otherwise let him go and bit the dust, as for Mc Cain, he has a lot of choices, and the best one for him will be Lieberman (democrat, independent, and Jewish). Powell is finish; he does not have a political future anymore unless Barak will give him a job. Clark! Who is Clark? When I googled his name, the only think I came up with is that he is the attack dog for Obama. A dog and VP don’t go together. ABOU JAMRA, give haroun a chance and say with me: yes go Mc Cain.

Please don’t dismiss the FPM lobby in Washington, Boston, Chicago, North Carolina and Michigan.

Bob Barr has saved the democrats from Nader and brings an equilibrium to the race. Generation next (liberals) are die hard Obama supporters. I agree with you with Clinton on the ticket they are undefeatable she will get the feminist vote and the gay vote in California and yes Bubbas fans also. Lieberman?? No this aint an audition for a sequel to Gumpy Old Men. Lieberman has tried before and failed, he belongs in same league as Bob Dole despite his Jewishness. Dude if the Rep are to have any chance Colin Powel is the man as that could also effect the African American vote and moderates. I don’t like independents they have no colour and no taste. What’s with your opposition to Gen Clark, having read some of your previous posts I thought you had a liking for army generals ;-)

Haroun has cheered for McCain twice in this thread and 4 times in another damn he even quotes the guy in his signature. Lol poor M14ers still anticipating and praying for a US attack on Iran. It wont happen. Iran will retaliate and as Ahmadinijad has promised he will wipe Israel off the map. Don’t keep knocking on the devils door because he will open one day and then all hell will break loose.

GO 08AMA

Keefo jaajaa hal 2eyem ya haroun?

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:03 pm

[quote="haroun"]

Those you’re calling peace makers, have brought the country to stand still,, they defied the government and transformed many peaceful villages into terror bases.

Thank you haroun , you make me smile the way you analyze things. I mentioned before some of the nabi younes ( in jieh)( you keep bringing up Aoun and all the country to the debate) saved several Christians families by hiding them in their houses. Those individuals should be rewarded for their courageous action in protecting the lives of the survivals. What is wrong with acknowledging their bravery by stepping into danger for a greater cause?. All their neighbors And future generations need real examples of men of courage from within. And let them know that no good deed will go unappreciated. Giving shelter and safety to the innocents and the unarmed civilians takes a lot of quality of real men in spite of the danger they were facing. “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything”. and yes go McCain.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby haroun » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:22 am

I was aware that some in Barja gave refuge to people from Jieh. This the first time I hear that our neighbors in nabi Younes have done the same thing.

Ok we got few "Righteous among the Gentiles". Conflicts do bring out the best and the worst in people. Our history is full of similar acts from both sides. I remember in a history book reading about Abd El Kader El Jaze2ri, who saved hundreds of Christians and cared for them when they were targeted by ottomans in the late 18th Century. And just recently in 2006 A million Shiites sought refuge in the Christian, Sunni and Druze areas of Lebanon Don’t get me wrong, I am thankful and appreciative of the act and the people you have in mind deserve all the recognition we could give them. Look, Israel so far has given over 15000 medals to Poles who sheltered Jews and saved them from the Nazis. If you want to do a similar thing I am all for it.

Remember to Smile.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby jieh2008 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:05 pm

haroun wrote:I was aware that some in Barja gave refuge to people from Jieh. This the first time I hear that our neighbors in nabi Younes have done the same thing.

Ok we got few "Righteous among the Gentiles". Conflicts do bring out the best and the worst in people. Our history is full of similar acts from both sides. I remember in a history book reading about Abd El Kader El Jaze2ri, who saved hundreds of Christians and cared for them when they were targeted by ottomans in the late 18th Century. And just recently in 2006 A million Shiites sought refuge in the Christian, Sunni and Druze areas of Lebanon Don’t get me wrong, I am thankful and appreciative of the act and the people you have in mind deserve all the recognition we could give them. Look, Israel so far has given over 15000 medals to Poles who sheltered Jews and saved them from the Nazis. If you want to do a similar thing I am all for it.

Remember to Smile.

now, I love you more, and i will give you extra credit. and go McCAIN
jieh2008
advanced member

Previous

Return to Politics - Lebanon