Summer 2008

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Summer 2008

Postby haroun » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:19 am

Greetings to all,

I've been back from Lebanon over a month now. With so much that awaited my return, I only managed to find time to follow the forum discussions but felt comfortable since my opinions were expressed by many here.

As far as my impression of Lebanon, unfortunately I can say that it wasn’t exactly what I expected. Explosions in athe northern part, Terrorist photos decorate the capital major street intersections; their slogans fill the bill boards along the highways and militant songs in the middle of the night deprived me and others in town from countless hours of rest. As for the so called Aoun, he proved to the majority that he is the lowest form of life and the stupidest creature ever lived on this earth. And those handful of people steered by this idiotic views are clueless about their interests and their future.

Overall, Lebanon in 2008, is a terrorist occupied country with little hope for any change of the status quo.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby jieh2008 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:33 pm

Welcome back on the forum, sorry you did not enjoy it here, unfortunately we are govern by corruption, and love for money. We are the most worthless selfish beggars. You and everyone else deserve better.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:59 am

Good to have you back safely mate.

What were your expectations? Jieh is a reflection of Lebanon. Chaotic, dirty, internal feuds and rivalry, competing political factions, corruption, carelessness all these elements are halting our progress as a village and as a nation. And those do seek and promote change and reform are attacked on a daily basis. Jieh2008 believes “you and everybody else deserve better” I disagree with jieh2008 you get what you deserve… because I am sure if the elections were held this year and you had the ability to vote you would vote in the exact same people who led this into this mess just as I am sure you will in November and give the republicans another 4. You would also vote Tohme, boustani, edwan and elias aoun as maronite representatives in the Chouf.

As you are aware the photos have been taken down in the capital city. “their slogans fill the billboards” yes but don’t yours also? “militant” songs in the middle of the night? Are your songs any less militant?

As for the so called Aoun, he proved to the majority that he is the lowest form of life and the stupidest creature ever lived on this earth

How did you come to this conclusion?

And those handful of people steered by this idiotic views are clueless about their interests and their future.

So 70% of Lebanese Christians are clueless? Which views do you exactly consider idiotic? Lets discuss and debate them one by one.

Overall I believe Lebanon in 2008 is better than Lebanon in 2007 and I further believe that Lebanon will blossom in the spring of 2009.

welcome back

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:46 am

Jieh2008,

Thank you my friend, I would have loved to have met you face 2 face and complemented you on this gentleman and responsible attitude you always display in your responses.

In all honesty, I felt a great respect and admiration for the common Lebanese who goes about his business and try to succeed despite all the distractions and uncertainties that surround him. And despite what I expressed in my first post, I did leave with many beautiful memories that weren’t just personal.

AJ, thank you too, I am glad to be back (on the forum that is). The debate goes on and we pick up where we left it. You say 70% I say barely 40% and that includes the aoumieh, baathieh,, who I never shared a common value with; they also include: the elitists who are jealous that someone else beat them to the truth, and those who tied their future and lives to the Iranian terror network, and the large number of stubborn souls who deep inside know they are wrong but won’t admit that they committed a deadly sin in 2005. If you add those together you get a picture of the "70% of christians" supporting Aoun.

As for Lebanon 2008 better than Lebanon 2007? Maybe! At least the terrorists aren't hijacking downtown, the government and the presidency, beside that I say it's still about the same. About 2009, I hope you're right because we're going to put Aoun and his movement in their place, the trash bin of history.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:17 am

haroun wrote:Jieh2008,

AJ, thank you too, I am glad to be back (on the forum that is). The debate goes on and we pick up where we left it. You say 70% I say barely 40% and that includes the aoumieh, baathieh,, who I never shared a common value with; they also include: the elitists who are jealous that someone else beat them to the truth, and those who tied their future and lives to the Iranian terror network, and the large number of stubborn souls who deep inside know they are wrong but won’t admit that they committed a deadly sin in 2005. If you add those together you get a picture of the "70% of christians" supporting Aoun.”

As for Lebanon 2008 better than Lebanon 2007? Maybe! At least the terrorists aren't hijacking downtown, the government and the presidency, beside that I say it's still about the same. About 2009, I hope you're right because we're going to put Aoun and his movement in their place, the trash bin of history.

Regardless of which Christians compose the 70% it will remain the Christian majority. Even if 65 out of the 70% were SSNP Christians they are still Christians and they voted GMA, FPM and the C&R block to represent them.

I think you people are starting to realize the reality that you, your allies and all M14 are on a sinking ship. You are all too well aware of the result and the out come of next years elections. And your really not doing yourselves any favors by attacking and labeling FPMers and those who voted the C&R bloc as “clueless, stubborn people who are steered by idiotic views”.

Aoun the visionary knew the US could not be counted on. I am sure you are noticing the change in the tides and a change of approach from the western world toward the Syrian regime. Even the US is considering lifting the sanctions imposed in 05. You allies and even the Christians among them will be the first to begin liking the Syrian boot, but you will see that we FPMrs will be first to attack and oppose any Syrian reoccupation or intervention should Lebanon again be the centre of Israeli Syrian negotiations. We will continue to promote and re-establish diplomatic ties with Syria, but bringing the Syrians back in is a whole different ball game and the Lebanese people are not that shallow for you to keep scaring them with this Ba3 Ba3 story.

We saw how Harriri the father marginalized the Christians and stripped them of their rights, property sold to sunni foreigners, corruption in every ministry, national debt etc… Aoun as the slogan states “3am bered al 7a2 la s7abo” and you people are doing every thing possible to stop him, this is a Christian reawakening and your are allies are trying to prevent it. The battle for 09 has began and vetoing a simple law like the electoral ballot sheet proves to you haroun than we are not the ones halting change, progress and reform.

The only place Aoun is going to in 09 is parliament house and the only place his movement is going to is the Grand Seraile.

How has Aoun and the R&C block failed you Haroun? Please lets go beyond the war of liberation.

I just wish you people had something to attack other than the MOU, which is perhaps other than the constitution the single most important document signed in lebanese history.

cheers

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:48 pm

I don't know where you blokes get your perfectly rounded statistics, but I believe they are nothing but projections of surreal dreams.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:38 am

2005 election results.

Abou Jamra

Return to Politics - Lebanon