Maronite's reconciliation

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Maronite's reconciliation

Postby jieh2008 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:12 am

The point of conflicts is killing and assassinations, than the conflicts between the Army and the Lebanese forces. The war forced thousands of Lebanese to suffer .This sudden and traumatic fight divided families and erected a wall of separation, suspicion, and silence between those who chose to take sides. The rupture (after the Syrians left) was greatly exacerbated by the politics and alliances of both camps. And the name calling starts as "worms" and "traitors" (put it mildly). A pattern of mutual distrust, fear, hostility, and alienation develops until both sides believe they have nothing in common with one another. It produce citizens whose circle of moral responsibility is delimited and ethnically homogenous, but it also shapes a Lebanese-view in which those who are Other, or different, are identified as enemies. In order to repair the relationship, a space outside the parameters of the conflict must be created in which those affected by the conflict can come together.To promote the level of tolerance toward and reconciliation with former enemies currently being mediated by the presidential palace since the historical importance strength role of the church did not maintained trust and communication with one side at least. And I don’t know why really till now. Because I believe religion has served as a mediator, facilitator, healer, and general "third-sider " in restoring relationships, building community, and sustaining peace. And because religion occupies an important space in the lives of the people. Also, the moral and intellectual influence of the Church makes it an important actor as well in extracurricular forms of education to be carried out by priests and nuns. And without the blessing of the church the poisonous conflicts of the past will continue to haunt and undermine crucial contemporary and future relations between the two sides.
The creation of a safe space for dialogue and healing is an essential component of reconciliation . Reconciliation is a peacebuilding process. The members of the community, or the "third side ," play an important role in fostering reconciliation. They can serve as a bridge that unites the parties in conflict and enables them to begin to dialogue. I believe, along with the Batrak (I have hope) that the church must be the conciliatory force. Because they don’t have a political ideology, blood in their hands and preach only the love of Christ, they can provide a safe place where Maronites with different views can come together, reflect on their experiences and arrive at a common course of action.
While the Maronite Church has taken a leading role in promoting national reconciliation in the past, it does not dominate the process nor can it be successful on its own. All players, actors, leaders, must participate in order to create a "critical yeast" of activity for reconciliation in order to overcome the fear, hostility, in solving the conflict.
Only we Maronites can resolve our problems. We have to free our heart of hate. And only love can get rid of hate and loves come through forgiveness.
So we can open our hearts to hope; we can overcome the fears and say what we think and accept what other think, even though those views might conflict with ours we can debate them in civil and democratic ways. And then we shall blossom.

Love to all. From "lubnan in Arabic, liban in French, Lebanon in English, Levanon in Hebrew, Libnah in Phoenician, Labnanu in Assyrian, and Lablani or Niblani in Hittite.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:24 am

Irreconcilable differences. This is just election talk we are hearing from jaajaa and co now. Nice post though A for effort. But man in leb we need a villain to cheer on the hero.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:50 pm

Work and sacrifice (for peace) can only be on the lines of an abandonment of the so called aggressiveness in thought, because peace demands a revolutionary desire, a new simplicity, a new self denying. When one party or another thinks himself the sole possessor of the absolute truth, it becomes only natural that he should think his neighbors absolutely in the clutches of Error or the Devil. These are obvious psychological roots of tensions. Today one Maronite fights with the other because their views vary. Views are bound to differ, because we are guided by different condition, thought, modes and attitudes. Hence it is wrong to think oneself right and rest others wrong. Extreme toleration is that all views as possibilities are equally valid. Finally the Maronite message should say: We are resolute in our intention to accomplish our goals peacefully.

love to all
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:36 pm

another good post Jieh08. you give me little to reply to. i cant argue with reason.

Can we find something other the US presidential elections to disagree on. Can you be an LFer for a week? a george nader supporter? a supporter of the current AJCC admin? your spreading far too much love on this forum and its becoming contagious and we are finding little to disagree on.

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Needless to say, you were once a full fledged supporter of the current AJCC admin AJ. I don't know what got into you, perhaps the Walid Junblatti disease of crossing the floor.

Perhaps you should return to those days and let jieh2008 stay put, then there will be conflict, swords will be drawn... and then.. BATTALE!
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:59 am

Prince Cadmus II wrote:Needless to say, you were once a full fledged supporter of the current AJCC admin AJ. I don't know what got into you, perhaps the Walid Junblatti disease of crossing the floor. !

i expressed myself pretty clearly and stated the reasons for my opposition in the Jieh Politics section on this forum.

Perhaps you should return to those days and let jieh2008 stay put, then there will be conflict, swords will be drawn... and then.. BATTALE!

I will be on Nov1 :wink: Let's hope no swords will be drawn on the night as i unveil my vision for Jieh.

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Let's hope you keep it clean and decent.

Remember you are not there to win us, you are there to win the Jieh people, so if you can convince them of a good plan, you should be addressing the voters. I notice a trend in politics is instead of being able to convince the voters of righteousness, the cheaper option is to tarnish the image of the opposition to the charge.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:Let's hope you keep it clean and decent.

Remember you are not there to win us, you are there to win the Jieh people, so if you can convince them of a good plan, you should be addressing the voters. I notice a trend in politics is instead of being able to convince the voters of righteousness, the cheaper option is to tarnish the image of the opposition to the charge.

I too have also noticed that trend. Unfortunately it's something that both McCain and M14 have in common. McCain rather discussing policy he discusses Obama. M14 rather than implementing reforms and presenting a program would rather discuss and slander GMA.

I am not there to tarnish the image of the current AJCC board as I am hoping to be working with them in the years ahead. I am there to promote and propose fundamental change, reform and vision.

Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:48 pm

good luck abou jamra, your heart is in the right place and on the right track, i'am rooting for you.

p.s:
McCain is the right guy
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:20 am

jieh2008 wrote:good luck abou jamra, your heart is in the right place and on the right track, i'am rooting for you.

p.s:
McCain is the right guy

Thanks for your support. i wont let you down.

hey man he might be the right guy but for what job? this election is going to be a massacre.

Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:57 pm

latest polls:
Obama: 44%
McCain: 42%
he is closing in, don't worry abou jamra, both of them are democrats, you can not lose.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby GWB » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:13 pm

jieh2008 wrote:latest polls:
Obama: 44%
McCain: 42%
he is closing in, don't worry abou jamra, both of them are democrats, you can not lose.

Both of them are democrats?

Have the Republicans already found a scapegoat? Jieh2008 you were cheering for McCain in each of your posts.

Keep in mind that this democrat whom you claim McCain to be voted 95% of the time with Bush. He has been a strong advocate of the Bush Policy and it is because of this policy that the American people have chosen to punish the republican party not because of their dislike for McCain.
GWB

Postby jieh2008 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:28 pm

Gwb, I give you a credit for that interpretation, but you were too off. It looks to me you were speculating about what I wrote (trying to read between the lines). Where did you get that scapegoat thing? Where did I wrote made you believe that I am not cheering for him anymore.
My intention is to make it easy on Abou Jamra, because the republican McCain (I called him democrat) is closing the gap and he is going to win. I called him democrat because, according to the republican conservative base McCain is on the far left of the conservatism.
Many conservative republican commentators said openly they don’t want McCain to be the presidential nomine, as far as I remember they want Mitt Romney the former state of Massachusetts governor to be their candidate. Anyway McCain is much better than Obama, or put it differently any worst republican is better than the best of the democrat. How can you elect Obama as a president when he cast his vote as a “present”, what is that present? Or when he says call me if you need me. If he wants to be a leader let him take the initiative and lead. This guy does not have any opinion about anything and is afraid to have one. If someone does not write it for him and put it on a prompter, he will get lost and what you hear is nonsense as usual.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby haroun » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:42 am

Hey guys how about this hit on Syria today? Real GWB, we need you to go all the way... We need help to clean our Middle East of the baathieh and their terrorist allies.

Great response jieh2008, I am with you 100%. I even go as far as to say 4 more years of Bush would be better than having either of these candidates. Since this is impossible, the next best thing for America and the world is a president McCain. If la sma7a allah we ended up with a President Hussein Osama we will will have lot of useless friends a la Chavez and AhmadiNajad that will incapacitate America from continuing its role in defeating terror and promoting freedom around the world. An Osama presidency will be a continuation of the Clinton second term where nothing got accomplished except a Lewinsky investigation.

Freedom loving Haroun for McCain.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:52 am

Contrary to what jieh2008 states "both of them are democrats" McBush and B.Obama are two different people.

This is what Jieh 2008 had to say about the candidates.

jieh2008 wrote:the difference between McCain and Obama

Foreign policy:
John McCain would strengthen alliances, keep America safe, and enhance American prosperity by expanding trade.
Obama says he would meet unconditionally with the world’s worst dictators.
Iraq:
John McCain had the courage to call for a change in strategy that is now succeeding
Obama says he will retreat from Iraq no matter what the situation on the ground is, and no matter what advice he receives from military commanders.
Trade:
John McCain will lower barriers to trade. Ninety-five percent of the world's customers are outside of U.S borders and need to be at the table when the rules for access to those markets are written.
Caving to isolationist sentiment, Obama would reverse U.S path to lowering trade barriers to U.S. products. Obama opposes free trade agreements with Colombia and Korea, and would unilaterally renegotiate NAFTA.
Spending:
John McCain is committed to and has long fought for restoring fiscal discipline by eliminating wasteful government spending
Obama proposes to increase federal spending, further increasing the burden that Americans will pass along to their children and grandchildren.
Energy security:
John McCain will break from the past to lead a great national campaign to put America on a course for energy independence.
Obama voted for the same policies that created the problem
National security:
John McCain understands the threat posed to America by violent wahhabies extremists and has the judgment and experience necessary to lead his country to success in this struggle
Obama has consistently shown poor judgment about the nature of the terrorist threat and the policies needed to keep America safe.
Taxes:
John McCain is committed to keeping taxes low, as well as making the tax code fairer and flatter.
Obama proposes to raise taxes on millions of Americans and small businesses.
Judiciary:
John McCain will look for accomplished men and women with a proven record of excellence in the law and a proven commitment to judicial restraint
Obama would nominate judges that would continue the judicial activism that has characterized the federal bench for years. This is why he opposed Roberts and Alito.
Health care:
John McCain will make health care more available, affordable and responsive to patients.
Senator Obama thinks we can improve health care by driving Americans into a new system of government orders, regulations and mandates.
Reforming Washington:
Only John McCain has a record of working to end Washington's stagnant, unproductive partisanship.
The American people have not seen Obama forsake partisanship for progress.
A change election:
John McCain will initiate far-reaching reforms in almost every area of government policy recognizing that many of government's policies and institutions have failed.
Obama is looking to the past for solutions that have failed before and will fail again. In his short-time in office, Obama has accumulated the most liberal voting record in the Senate. And the only change he is looking for is the change in your pocket.

And for that bridge:
Using the Washington Post US Congress Votes Database about
The Bridge to Nowhere
“Though Gov. Palin originally supported the earmark spending on the Ketchikan bridge (to nowhere), she eventually killed the project, chosing to spend Federal money on other infrasturcture programs.
However, Sen. Biden……and Sen. Obama ……YES BIDEN AND OBAMA voted for funding the Bridge (to go nowhere), even when given a second chance by Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, who proposed shifting earmark funds to Katrina relief in Louisiana.
Sen. McCain is on record as opposing the Ketchikan bridge earmark.”

love to all and good luck.

My intention is to make it easy on Abou Jamra, because the republican McCain (I called him democrat) is closing the gap and he is going to win. I called him democrat because, according to the republican conservative base McCain is on the far left of the conservatism.
Many conservative republican commentators said openly they don’t want McCain to be the presidential nomine, as far as I remember they want Mitt Romney the former state of Massachusetts governor to be their candidate.

Why didn’t they nail him and end him when he was down in the primaries and support Romney or Guliani? After all those conservative republicans are the main power brokers within the party…

Haroun

Hey guys how about this hit on Syria today? Real GWB, we need you to go all the way... We need help to clean our Middle East of the baathieh and their terrorist allies.

Leading up to the elections I am expecting many more of this provocative attacks against nations and their sovereignty. The republicans are desperate and are desperately trying to put security issues back on the frontline. Still waiting for an October Surprise that might save them a few seats in the senate.

But what we might hear is an American apology blaming navigation equipment or the pilot for crossing into Syrian air space to attack al qaeda.

Freedom loving Haroun for McCain.

McBush is history. When down they resort to their patriotic nationalist BS lol all in the name of freedom which they deny everybody else.

Mabrouk Obama/Biden.

Abou Jamra

Next

Return to Politics - Lebanon