Dany Chamoun. Gone too soon.

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Dany Chamoun. Gone too soon.

Postby Abou Jamra » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:22 pm

Tracy Chamoun: Declaration on the anniversary of Dany Chamoun’s assassination

Declaration on the anniversary of Dany Chamoun’s assassination - October 21, 1990

October 2008

It is painful for me to write on this sad occasion, but I feel compelled somehow to apologize for the distortion of my father Dany Chamoun’s death by those who do not understand the gravity of their actions. I also want to extend my regards to our dear friends the Karame family and the Frangieh family who also suffered personal loss under similar conditions.

It has been 18 years since Dany was brutally murdered in an orchestrated attack that was so ruthless it claimed not only his life but also the life of his wife Ingrid and his two innocent sons Tarek and Julian. It seems like yesterday that this darkness was cast over our land and sadly nothing has changed for the better in the space of that time.

I spent two years of my life involved in my family’s murder trial where Samir Geagea was convicted of Dany’s killing. The complications during those hard years came from all sides including sadly from our own family. Dany’s brother Dory never attended the trial. Perhaps he had a political interest not to alienate a certain portion of the Christian community. During that lengthy judiciary process, I took time out my life to explore all angles, to talk and to discuss the matter with everyone concerned, so as to ascertain for myself the truth surrounding my family’s assassination. Among those whose council I sought was the late Prime Minister Rafic Harriri. He was a strong advocate of the conviction and the trial of Samir Geagea, and completely supported the verdict. He undoubtedly knew what he was doing, which is why the recent actions and allegiances in the country baffle me.

Today, the truth of that murder trial is being blatantly neglected, which is why I am compelled to speak. It forces me to denounce those who persist in conferring innocence on Samir Geagea. He was found guilty, unanimously, on all charges of murder by the highest court in the country comprising our most ethical judges, each honorably representing their confession.

The flagrant disrespect for this verdict insults all those who labored to bring the criminals to justice and those who loved Dany. It betrays the essence of his life, which was one of high political conduct and conscience. The fact that Samir Geagea was let out of prison arbitrarily does not exonerate him of the crimes for which he was found guilty.

Around five years ago, I was asked by a large group of prominent members of the National Liberal Party to return to Lebanon. I spent many months conferring with members, attempting to reconcile those who felt disenfranchised by the leadership of the Party by Dany’s brother Dory. These men and women have since organized themselves as the “Noumour” and “Friends of Dany Chamoun.” They have been wrongly persecuted and have been accused of betraying the Party. Whereas, in reality, they have only been true to my father’s memory and to his legacy. For this they have been threatened and ostracized.

Personally, five years ago, I had to choose whether to go against my uncle Dory in defense of my father and his life’s work. For the sake of our family and the memory of both my grandfather Camille and my Grandmother Zelpha I chose to pull away and to withdraw from what would have been a wrenching family conflict. I did not want to recreate a pattern of fighting that had plagued the leading families of our poor country for decades. Much to the sadness of our great and loyal friends in Lebanon, I placed myself in willful exile to allow Dory to continue. It felt as though, out of respect for him as the elder son of President Camille Chamoun, that this should be the case.

However, my absence has served no purpose other than to allow the lies of revisionist history to go unchecked. The recent virulent conduct and verbal attacks by Dory against Michel Aoun, a close family ally, and his unfounded vocal defense and open alliance with Samir Geagea have forced me to denounce these actions publicly.

Has our whole country lost its collective memory? It is unconscionable for Samir Geagea to trade on the blood of the martyrs in order to advance his political career and in the process to cheapen Dany’s image and his legacy by including references and photos of him in his recent political rallies. It saddens me to see our country plunging back into the senseless power struggles that tear away at the lives of all our innocent citizens. With politician pitted against politician, it would seem that the mistakes of the past are still forming the present.

There is a mass that is being scheduled by Dory and his unlikely allies in October to honor not just Dany’s memory but, they claim, that of all the martyrs, yet again milking sadness for political gain.

My heart bleeds for the families of those who were killed in the horrendous years of fighting. I am certainly one with them. But my heart bleeds more for the truth behind their sacrifice that is being plundered and desecrated with lies.

Therefore, out of respect to Dany, Ingrid and my brothers, I ask that those who truly love Dany, who still hold dear his message of integrity and courage in the face of injustice, show that love by not attending that service. To attend that mass would be to participate in hypocrisy and to lend support to those who continue to distort the truth.

My wish is that those of like mind connect with “The Friends of Dany Chamoun” and others who will remember my family in a separate service on Saturday the 18th of October in Rabieh. The service will be held at the Church of the Resurrection at 4:00 pm.

I know what my late father strived for, what he bravely fought for, and why he was killed. I know that he loved Lebanon and befriended all it’s inhabitants, Moslem, Christian, and Druze. In his eyes and mine also, we are all equal, brothers and sisters under the same nation. I am honored to be his daughter and to remember him on this day. May his soul rest in peace. My fervent prayer is that his death, and the death of all the martyrs, will not be marred by the reckless actions of the few.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:13 am

Do the Aounieh care about Dany? What do they know about him? I bet 90% of them don't know more than the picture AJ uses for Avatar. this seems to be another publicity stunt by the public relation office of the aounieh aoumieh sourieh Iranieh and its newly appointed head....

كي يتوقفوا عن المتاجرة بدماء داني شمعون وعائلته هذه المرة!

كالعادة واستغلالا للدماء الزكية، وترويجا للأضاليل، يعمد الاعلام العوني وإعلام 8 آذار ككل الى المتاجرة بالذكرى السنوية لكل الشهداء. وفي الذكرى السنوية لاستشهاد رئيس حزب "الوطنيين الأحرار" داني شمعون وعائلته، تم نشر بيان نسبوه الى السيدة تريسي شمعون وتضمن الكثير من الاتهامات والادعاءات الكاذبة. حتى لا يبقى الكذب ملح العونيين وكل مأكلهم ومشربهم بعدما رهنوا أنفسهم للولي الفقيه الإيراني، نورد مقتطفا من حديث لنائب رئيس مجلس الوزراء اللواء عصام أبو جمرا أعطاه للزميل في جريدة "النهار" بيار عطالله قبل ساعات من عودته الى بيروت في 7 أيار 2005 برفقة النائب ميشال عون:

كتب بيار عطالله:
"روى الجنرال أبو جمرة: أقمنا في السفارة (الفرنسية بعد عملية 13 تشرين الأول 1990) وكان معنا النقيب حبيب فارس. كنا نقيم هناك معزولين عن العمل ولا نتدخل في شؤون السفارة ولا نشارك في الاحتفالات التي كانت تقيمها. وأمضينا الوقت في ممارسة الرياضة والانتباه الى محيط إقامتنا حيث أخذت بعض العائلات اللبنانية المقيمة في جوار السفارة تلقي علينا التحية من بعيد ومن منزل ناجي غاريوس، وكنا نلقي التحيات "من بعيد لبعيد". قررنا ترك السفارة الى خارج لبنان لأن بقاءنا فيها كان يعني أننا في سجن وفي وضع خطير جدا. وذات ليلة، وتحديدا تلك التي سبقت اغتيال رئيس حزب الوطنيين الأحرار داني شمعون، وصلت معلومات الى أجهزة الاستخبارات الفرنسية العاملة في لبنان أن ثمة هجوما يحضر ضد السفارة بهدف اعتقالنا. وقال لنا السفير آنذاك رينيه ألا: "ستحصل عملية ضد السفارة ولن نسمح بذلك". وفعلا أضروا لنا السلاح واستقدمت تعزيزات من قوات الحماية الفرنسية التي كانت موزعة بين السفارة الفرنسية في رأس بيروت والحازمية، وحملنا السلاح جميعا للدفاع عن أنفسنا أنا والعماد عون واللواء معلوف والنقيب فارس، ومكثنا هكذا طوال الليل. وأشارت المعلومات الى وصول ضابط سوري تلك الليلة الى فندق "كونفورت" في الحازمية لتنسيق الهجوم. ولكن تبيّن في اليوم التالي أن الهجوم استهدف داني شمعون وعائلته".

فبعد هذه الشهادة من واحد من أهل بيتهم، هل يتقون الله ويكفوا عن المتاجرة بدماء الشهداء ويتوقفوا عن بث الفتنة في الشارع المسيحي؟؟!!

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby haroun » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:16 pm

داني شمعون... شهيد كل الأحرار
هكذا قتلوا النمر وعائلته

هرب العماد ميشال عون من القصر الجمهوري فجر 13 تشرين الاول تاركاً زوجته وبناته الثلاثة تحت رحمة القدر والقوات السورية، وتخلى عن جنوده الذين كانوا يقاتلون حتى الرمق الاخير. ونسي عون في هروبه الكبير اقرب الناس اليه ومن وقفوا الى جانبه، وفي طليعتهم رئيس حزب الوطنيين الاحرار داني شمعون الذي لم يتخل عن عون حتى اللحظة الاخيرة، والذي قرر السوريون تصفيته لمنع وجود اي زعيم مسيحي يمكن أن "يرث" الجمهور الذي استقطبه عون في تلك المرحلة.

هنا تفاصيل الجريمة وما جرى في ذلك اليوم بعد تركيب الصورة من مصادر عدة، وأبرزها ما جاء في كتاب "كوبرا" المرافق الشخصي للوزير الراحل إيلي حبيقة:

يوم 14 تشرين الاول 1990 وصلت مجموعة من القوات الخاصة السورية واقامت حاجزاً عند المفرق المؤدي الى منزل داني شمعون في سنتر شاهين، تنفيذاً لقرار التضييق على داني شمعون الذي كان يستشعر الخطر الداهم عليه ويعتبر انه محاط بالذئاب في منطقة لا حماية فيها وخصوصاً بعدما وصله قرار قائد الجيش إميل لحود بسحب جنود الجيش الذين كانوا مكلفين تأمين الحماية لمنزله.

وقبل تنفيذ العملية بسبعة ايام عقد اجتماع تمهيدي في مقر رئيس جهاز الامن والاستطلاع التابع للقوات السورية في محلة البوريفاج حضره غازي كنعان، ايلي حبيقة عن المعلومات، جهاد الصفطلي للتنفيذ ورستم غزالي وجامع جامع للتنسيق والعمليات. وابلغ كنعان الحضور بقرار "كبير" بتصفية داني شمعون وطلب الى كل منهم القيام بما عليه لإنجاز عملية نظيفة. وفور فض الاجتماع قام غزالة بتأمين جناح في فندق كومفورت لإقامة الصفطلي ومجموعته استعداداً لتنفيذ عملية الاغتيال. وراح ايلي حبيقة يجمع المعلومات عن مكان تنفيذ عملية الاغيتال وظروف المبنى ومحيطه. وزار شخصياً مع مرافقه روبير حاتم سنتر شاهين في بعبدا، وقام بجولات عدة في محيط المبنى ورصد للمداخل والمخارج المؤدية اليه ودرس وضعية حاجز الجيش السوري المقام حديثاً اضافة الى حراس المبنى والمصاعد والادراج. وتوجه حاتم شخصياً مع مرافقيه الى المبنى حيث التقى السكرتير الخاص للمرحوم داني شمعون المدعو جورج سرسق الذي افاد حاتم بكل نية طيبة ان رئيسه يقيم في الطبقة الرابعة من المبنى، وانه للصعود اليه يجب ان يمر اولاً على مرافقه الشخصي ابراهيم عزام الملقب بوب وهو احد مصابي الحرب، ولكن عزام ابلغ حاتم ان داني شمعون لم يطلب ابداً لقاء حبيقة وانه لا يريد ذلك ابداً. لكن داني شمعون عاد وقبل بتحديد موعد لاستقبال ايلي حبيقة في اليوم التالي عند الساعة الواحدة ظهراً. وعاد حاتم الى معلمه ليخبره بما جرى وليقدم له تقريراً كاملاً عن مشاهداته وعدد حراس داني شمعون واماكن تموضعهم.

لقي ايلي حبيقة استقبالاً بارداً من داني شمعون واجتمع معه على انفراد، في حين قام مرافقو حبيقة باستطلاع المبنى مرة جديدة وتحديد عدد الحراس وملاحظة تصرفاتهم مرة جديدة. وفور انتهاء الاجتماع، طلب حبيقة من مرافقيه التوجه فوراً الى مقر الاستخبارات السورية في البوريفاج حيث عقد اجتماعا مطولا في حضور مسؤولين من وحدة الاغتيالات، او الدائرة السياسية المسؤولة عن متابعة ملف الاغتيالات السياسية والاجرامية في لبنان. واستمر اجتماع حبيقة مع اركان الوحدة مدة تتجاوز الساعة، حيث جرى تقديم كل التفاصيل والمعلومات عن الشقة ورفض داني شمعون التعاون مع السوريين. وهنا صدر الامر الى النقيب جهاد الصفطلي ومجموعته بالاستعداد للضرب خلال ساعات. ومن اجل تأمين سلامة العملية جرى الطلب الى العقيد السوري علي حمود المسؤول عن لواء القوات الخاصة المنتشر في منطقة بعبدا برفع الحواجز العسكرية بين منطقتي الحازمية وبعبدا، وطلب الى اميل لحود شفيهاً الحد من تحرك دوريات الجيش اللبناني نهائياً اعتباراً من الساعة صفر من يوم تنفيذ العملية.ولمزيد من التضليل جرى تسريب معلومات الى عدد من ضباط الجيش عن نية القوات السورية اقتحام السفارة الفرنسية واعتقال العماد ميشال عون في الوقت الذي كان فيه الصفطلي وجماعته يزيتون سلاحهم.

يوم الجريمة كان داني شمعون وعائلته يغطون في نومهم من دون ان يدروا ان الجزار ينتظر على الباب، اما مرافقوه وسكرتيره، وخصوصاً المدعو بوب عزام بطل النمور الاصهب فكان يغط في نومه هو والحراس تاركين قائدهم وعائلته عرضة للقتل، فكان ان دخل النقيب السوري جهاد الصفطلي ومجموعته الى البناية ونفذوا عمليتهم الاجرامية وتركوا ورائهم ادلة تهدف الى توريط القوات اللبنانية وقائدها في الجريمة بدءاً من جهاز اللاسلكي موتورولا الشهير، وتولى "سيف النصارى" مهمة تدبيج النص الاتهامي في امور ما كان ليتركها اي قاتل محترف ورائء بل الخبثاء والمتأمرين.

لاحقاً واثناء محاكمة الدكتور سمير جعجع قام ايلي حبيقة بتسليم القاضي منيف عويدات نقداً حقيبة مليئة بالمال في منزل وجدي معوض في الاشرفية على كأس ويسكي، وقال له رينيه كعدو معوض بهذا المال يجب ان تحفر حفرة عميقة لسمير جعجع لا يسعه الخروج منها ابداً.
وفي وقت لاحق قتل السوريون جهاد الصفطلي في محلة ضهر البيدر للتخلص منه ومن اي اثر لما قام به.

haroun

Postby haroun » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:11 am

الى داني شمعون

من سخرية القدر أن يسعى بعض الصغار، الصغار جدا، الى المتاجرة سنويا بدماء رئيس حزب الوطنيين الأحرار الشهيد داني شمعون.

ومن سخرية القدر أن يعمد بعض الذين خانوا قضية داني وزحفوا نحو المحور السوري أن يتلفظوا باسم داني شمعون على شفاههم الملوثة بالخيانة.

ومن سخرية القدر أيضا أن يتحدث اليوم عن عملية اغتيال داني شمعون وعائلته جماعة ميشال عون الذي هرب من قصر بعبدا تاركا وراءه الجميع في حين أن داني هو من صمد ودفع ثمن صموده غاليا، في حين أن ميشال عون يقبض اليوم فواتير هروبه المذل.

ومن سخرية القدر أن يتم استحضار السيدة ترايسي شمعون بناء على "مذكرات جلب سورية" في كل مرة يكون مطلوبا مهاجمة شقيق الشهيد رئيس الحزب الحالي دوري شمعون ورئيس الهيئة التنفيذية في "القوات اللبنانية" الدكتور سمير جعجع.

ونسأل:
لو كان داني شمعون بيننا اليوم أين كان سيقف: مع 8 آذار أو مع 14 آذار؟ وألم يكن ليكون مهددا فعليا بأن يكون أحد شهداء "ثورة الأرز" التي سقط داني من أجلها باكرا؟ ألم يكن سيسبق ربما صديقه ورفيقه جبران تويني؟

لو كان داني شمعون بيننا ماذا كان ليقول في زيارة ميشال عون الى طهران؟ في الماضي كان يصف ميشال عون بـ"المجنون" أما اليوم بماذا كان ليصفه؟

لكننا أوفياء لشهدائنا. أوفياء لدمائهم. نحن لا نتاجر بهم. ولن ندخلهم في مهاترات رخيصة يسعى اليها بعض الصغار الصغار.

في ذكراكم يا داني وأنغريد وجوليان وطارق، ألف تحية من رفاقكم في "القوات اللبنانية" ومن كل أحرار لبنان. عسى أن تزهر دماؤكم الطاهرة في ربيع لبنان الآتي مهما كثر الطارئون والزاحفون وبائعو ضميرهم ومجتمعهم على أرصفة الشام وطهران.

نم قرير العين يا داني. فدوري الأمين على مسيرة الأحرار شامخ، صلب ولا يلين. يحمل مبادئك ويرفع المشعل في ظلمة خيانات الكثيرين للقضية.

ولكن ثق أن القضية ستنتصر وأن أبناء "ثورة الأرز" جميعهم من الأحرار وسيكملون المسيرة مهما غلت التضحيات.

طوني أبي نجم

haroun

Postby Abou Jamra » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:55 am

This is BULLSHIT.

With all respect to you Haroun how can you a "watani ahrar" believe and post such garbage, you can you take fabricated lies and present them as truth.

The article and the letter you posted are not to praise, honor or remember Dany but rather to attack GMA, accuse HK and cover up for JaaJaa who has already been convicted of this crime and his release from jail was only because of a pardon. Why doesn’t jaajaa ask for a retrial?

I am to believe these hypocrites who write such articles and deny Tracy Chamoun’s, who has spent a life time researching and investigating her family’s slaughter.

Do the Aounieh care about Dany? What do they know about him?

I think it is you people who know little about Dany and what Dany stood for, who Dany stood with and who Dany stood against. You know that all too well Haroun... Why do you deny it?

لكننا أوفياء لشهدائنا. أوفياء لدمائهم. نحن لا نتاجر بهم. ولن ندخلهم في مهاترات رخيصة يسعى اليها بعض الصغار الصغار.

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:46 am

Abou Jamra wrote:
I think it is you people who know little about Dany and what Dany stood for, who Dany stood with and who Dany stood against. You know that all too well Haroun... Why do you deny it?

And I take it you knew the man personally yourself, right?
This is not Amnesty International, this is politics. Lies are fabricated all the time to be presented as truth, get used to it or get out of it.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:47 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:
Abou Jamra wrote:

And I take it you knew the man personally yourself, right?
This is not Amnesty International, this is politics. Lies are fabricated all the time to be presented as truth, get used to it or get out of it.

No i didn't have the pleasure of knowing him personally but i know of him.

How can Haroun deny the truth about Dany and Dany's killers.

Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:56 am

If you are with the Ahrar you are with Dory. Dory is the voice of Camille Chanoun, he treasures his father ideals and possesses his father vision. Danny never lead except few desperados, he was always in the shadow of his dad and later Bashir. He was never a threat to the LF and they didn't care one way or another for him. He followed the idiot Aoun and paid the price by the enemy of the general then and his friends today the Syrian and that is according the real Abu Jamra.

The Aounieh have no cause and no martyrs so they invent them. Their leader is a coward who runs to nearest refuge when pressured. Now, of all the people, he befriends the terrorists and visits their capital. I can't comprehend what you see in him.

haroun

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:07 am

If you are with the Ahrar you are with Dory. Dory is the voice of Camille Chamoun, he treasures his father ideals and possesses his father vision.

WTF! Are you serious? Or just trying to stir me? How can you possibly write such a thing? And to actually believe it… Haroun, I know you’re not serious. Comparing perhaps the Lebanon’s greatest president and statesman to a mayor. If this bsein Dory shared his father’s ideals and vision then why did the late Camille appoint the tiger Dany as leader of NLP? Get real man. Dory has destroyed the Ahrar, tarnished his families image. Sold all his fathers assets, history and legacy, as a Christian from the chouf I will never forgive him for selling the palace in Saadiyet, I will never forgive him for handing the Chouf over to Jumblat.

Danny never lead except few desperados, he was always in the shadow of his dad and later Bashir. He was never a threat to the LF and they didn't care one way or another for him.

The Tigers where what formed “jebhet al horeye” you can not deny them that. Every strong Christian leader in Lebanon is a threat to the criminals and thugs of the Lebanese forces whether JaaJaa’s or Bashir. Bashir tried to end the Tigers in Safra and kill Dany to increase his power and take full control of the Christian street. What bashir could not do, JaaJaa did. Ya 3ayb al shoum 3a haik 7ake bass ya Haroun.

He followed the idiot Aoun and paid the price by the enemy of the general then and his friends today the Syrian and that is according the real Abu Jamra.

He was opposed to Taef and Bkirki, and viewed the Aoun government as the legitimate government. Something which the thugs at the Lebanese Forces did not.

RIP Dany

Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:04 pm

By Maher Zeineddine
Daily Star correspondent
Saturday, November 15, 2008

CHOUF: Fadi Hnein was elected Deir al-Qamar mayor on Friday (after last minute personal push by Walid Jumblatt ) after Mayor Dory Chamoun submitted his resignation in October in preparation for his candidacy for the 2009 parliamentary polls. Hnein, a lawyer by profession, had been vice mayor under Chamoun. The election of a new vice mayor is to be scheduled at a later date. Speaking to The Daily Star in comments published Wednesday, Chamoun said he and three other candidates from his National Liberal Party (NLP) would be running in the spring parliamentary elections. NLP candidates will be running in the Baabda-Aley, North Metn, and Kesrouan districts, and Chamoun will be on the ballot in the Chouf and is expected to have the support of Progressive Socialist Party and Druze leader Walid Jumblatt.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:30 pm

Just like camile khoury ended Gemayel in the bielections, i am sure nassif azzi will do the same to dory chamoun in next years elections.

Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:21 pm

Junblatt, before:
"As long as Bashar al-Assad in Syria feels secure, as long as there are no military or economic sanctions against him, he will just go along in Lebanon killing us one by one. As long as we have this tyrant, this butcher in Damascus alive, we will never have a stable democracy in Lebanon, we will not be able to have an independent and free Lebanon".
Junblatt Now :
"Lebanon cannot be enemies with Syria. This is against history,"
He said Lebanon should not be a "passage" to any political faction hostile to Syria, stressing that he will stick to his principles”
Both have come up of parallel evolution, their socials, characters and habits are similar to each others.
Tomorrow:
I hope he will give up his seat to someone else like his son (Taymour).
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby haroun » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:01 am

jieh2008 wrote:Junblatt, before:
"As long as Bashar al-Assad in Syria feels secure, as long as there are no military or economic sanctions against him, he will just go along in Lebanon killing us one by one. As long as we have this tyrant, this butcher in Damascus alive, we will never have a stable democracy in Lebanon, we will not be able to have an independent and free Lebanon".
Junblatt Now :
"Lebanon cannot be enemies with Syria. This is against history,"
He said Lebanon should not be a "passage" to any political faction hostile to Syria, stressing that he will stick to his principles”
Both have come up of parallel evolution, their socials, characters and habits are similar to each others.
Tomorrow:
I hope he will give up his seat to someone else like his son (Taymour).

You may make any assumption you want about Jumblat but today his deputy denied that Walid Beik deviated from his previous stands.

نفى وزير الدولة وائــل ابــو فــاعــور، حصول اي تحول في مواقف رئيس كتلة "اللقاء الديمقراطي" النائب وليد جنبلاط، مؤكداً ان ما قاله من كلام "لا يحمل جديداً.، فهذه هي ثوابته التي قالها يوم خــرج الــســوري من لــبــنــان".

ابــو فــاعــور، وفــي حديث لـ "صــدى البلد"، أكد ان جنبلاط "بــاق في تموضعه داخـــل 14 آذار... انما يريد لـ 14 آذار ان تكون ضمن مناخ الاستفادة من المصالحات العربية الجارية والحوارات الاقليمي".

haroun

Postby Abou Jamra » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Jumblat to Support Berri against Challenges in Western Bekaa

MP Walid Jumblat said Saturday he will reject the names of parliamentary candidates who might "present a challenge" for Speaker Nabih Berri in the western Bekaa.

Beirut, 28 Mar 09, 10:05

I dont get it...

And this from Wael abou Faour.

وائل أبو فاعور: مستعدون لفتح صفحة جديدة مع سورية

اســـتـــعـــداد لفتح صفحة جــديــدة مــع ســوريــة تقوم على احترام سيادة واستقلال كل من البلدين، وعلى اقامة مراجعة للتجربة السابقة وتحديداً من الجانب السوري، ومن الجيد هنا انه حصل بعض الاعترافات عن اخطاﺀ المرحلة السابقة، ونحن جــاهــزون لمرحلة تقوم على احترام سيادة واستقلال لبنان، بميثاق الطائف واستمرار عمل المحكمة الدولية التي تعمل بشكل غير سياسي ومن دون استهدافات، بل لاجل كشف الحقيقة ومعاقبة القتلة، وبالتالي العلاقة تكون بين دولتين؟

I thought he was quoting GMA when i read the article. GMA has been saying this for years.

Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:50 pm

According to tayyar.org:
“As the electoral battle gets more exciting in the Shouf, A religious source uncovered that the head of the Progressive Socialist Party,MP Walid Jumblatt is paying an amount of 10,000 dollars for every church that was destroyed during the war between his party and the Lebanese Forces in the Shouf and Aley.”

I’ll go for that, if this is true, but he needs to pay more for the churches and rebuild every house he destroyed.
jieh2008
advanced member

Next

Return to Politics - Lebanon