my opinion

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

my opinion

Postby jieh2008 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:52 pm

"why the government is still letting supplies of arms that flow across the border freely.” and to let foreign states to dominate and be tied to sectarian parties who profit from keeping the state weak, and by exchanging political services with these foreign powers,where ‘legitimate’ foreign financing of political parties and media, in ex­change for their loyalty to that foreign power”. who is laughing at who?. Or is this no laughing matter.?."
jieh2008
advanced member

Re: my opinion

Postby Abou Jamra » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:30 pm

jieh2008 wrote:"why the government is still letting supplies of arms that flow across the border freely.” and to let foreign states to dominate and be tied to sectarian parties who profit from keeping the state weak, and by exchanging political services with these foreign powers,where ‘legitimate’ foreign financing of political parties and media, in ex­change for their loyalty to that foreign power”. who is laughing at who?. Or is this no laughing matter.?."

I dont think the lebanese can play a fair game together so we need all these refferees to prevent a blood bath. But unfortunately these referees never carry red crads only yellow and they dont mind teams trading players at half time. I blame the fans for not storming the field.

As for who is lauging at who? well me personally i am lauging at the audience who are seeing the same replay of the same game first played in the 1900's and its being repeated every decade but somehow they still think they are watching it live.

Change starts in May 2010 with the council elections.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Re: my opinion

Postby haroun » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:56 am

Abou Jamra wrote:Change starts in May 2010 with the council elections.

Just like the change after the 2009 elections; don't you think...?

The problem is hizb fatass and its supporters... From Iran to Syria to half the Arabs who believe a mullah in a dungeon can triumph over Israel. This hizb strives on chaos, it is stronger than the government and believes its will shall be done on all the Lebanese soil. No president until they say so, no PM until they say so, no government until they say so. History is what they and their Iraqi born and educated Mullahs say happened! we hear it in every word they utter.

They killed Samer a helicopter pilot, kidnapped Joseph an MEA employee in the middle of the day, shot and crippled Maya an innocent girl in her car, they invaded and controled Beirut and now they are arming terrorists in Saida, Tripoli and cells at least on four continents. This Hizb is seeding to build a New Iran.

Jieh2008, when someone is preparing for a major war, stopping their supply lines is not a simple police matter... I am sure you're familiar with the Palestinian terrorist’s history.

May God Save the Queen!

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby jieh2008 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:52 pm

In one of his latest speeches “Hariri stressed that the Taif Accord had established the basis of national reconciliation and coexistence among the country’s various groups“. ( coexistence among the country’s various groups)hmmm…what is that?.. Well, why are we hearing a lot about let the majority rule. why are we hearing and getting mix signals?. Hmmm, do they generally have in mind majority (rule of all the people), and the assumption that when the people disagree they will have a debate with a win-lose approach, then the decision of most (50+1) must pass for that of all?. Where is the( coexistence among the country’s various groups)?. again hmmm. Well, I thought in Lebanon we have a consensus democracy based political systems with a view to preventing the domination of one linguistic, religion or cultural group or a majority of a political party in the political process. I thought this consensus democracy is working very well in other countries like: Northern Ireland, Serbia , South Africa., Switzerland, Finland, Belgium , and Northwest Territories in Canada . What is wrong with us?. Again hmmm…
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby haroun » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:05 am

Reconciliation, coexistence, consensus, consensus democracy are just words the polite-cian use to disagree and tell each other either you do it our way or go pound sand. I doubt that in pre Aoun or hizb missiles of iran Lebanon they would ever be mentioned.

In Lebanon there is no consensus on anything and there will never be. Every one is on his own. Most politicians improvise, get the support of a corrupt regime, then do what serves their sponsor and their own interests.

One thing is clear, if Hizbi irani doesn't give up its weapons there will never be peace not to mention coexistance between the people sharing that land, and new major conflicts will always be looming ahead.

haroun

Postby jieh2008 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:39 pm

“The Lebanese have to free themselves from the sectarian mentality, according to Taymour Jumblatt, son of Progressive Social Party (PSP) leader Walid Jumblatt, during a visit to the southern town of Hasbaya and to the Bekaa town of Rashaya on Friday. Jumblatt met with Minister of State Wael Abu Faour and MP Antoine Saad during his visit and attended a youth gathering in the Hasbaya region. “Youths are the ones who build a nation since they represent the future,” he said, addressing the crowd. “Let us all participate in building this country on correct and flawless grounds” he added. Jumblatt also met with PSP officials in the regions of Rashaya and Hasbaya”
This is a good start when he said ( Let us all participate in building this country on correct and flawless grounds”. I hope we will continue to hear from him thinks that make more sense, and is not like his father who wants to link anything and everything to any problem in the Arab world. let us see if we will have on our hand another Fakhreddine the second, a beloved Emir in our Chouf.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby haroun » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:34 pm

In Lebanon the second generation of politician is always worse than the first. don't hold you hopes high. With so many who think of themselves as Fakherddines or holy figures even deity, how many Fakhreddines this country needs, we have Michel Fakhreddine Aoun, Hasan Fakhreddine fatass Nasrallah, istaz Nabih Fakhreddine Berri, Walid Fakhreddine beik Jumblat, Talal Fakhreddine beik Irslan, Bashar Fakhreddine el Assad and now Tymour lank Fakhreddine beik Jumblat, the way I see them is a bunch of useless fukhar 7arak deen Lebnan. This pottery potpourri will flawlessly bring the demise of Lebanon.

haroun

Postby jieh2008 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:21 am

Just a comment on formation the government: “Achievement seems to be connected with action. And Successful men and women make mistakes, but they don't quit. They Don't give up trying to find a way if they remember that sometimes it takes bending to avoid breaking.”
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby haroun » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Quitting? I think a successful man is one who knows when to hold'm and when to fold'm. In my oppinion MP Hariri, made the best decision he can make. I only blame him for taking too long before presenting his government and having in it so many Aounieh Aoumieh Sourieh Iranieh.

I don't think a government in Leb is possible after this, We now formally can claim that we are under Iranian occupation.

haroun

Postby jieh2008 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:31 pm

There's no way to spin Hariri’s unusual move as anything other than a total political disaster; the worst political disaster, in fact worst than they name him to form the government. He was much better on the outside as a kingmaker.
In politics, the game of ‘getting your ideas out and be accepted,’ you first have to be a player to ever become a winner, he does not know how to play, period.
Every game has its set of rules—the number of players or cards, how you keep score. What is common to all games is that the object of the game is to win. In poker ( to hold'm or fold'm) the players do not represent right or wrong, good or bad; they are just players playing to win.
I have played a lot of different sports, but I have found that politics is the ultimate adult sport. All of the other games are for kids. The ‘ante’ and the ‘stakes’ in the politics game are beyond huge.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby haroun » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:26 am

First I like to say even if "Winston Churchil" was nominated to lead the government Aoun would object. Usually the game of politics is played within the bounds of the constitution, but Aoun and co, play a different game, one that he sets the rules to and believes he's the star player and the head referee at the same time. Talking about disasters.

Hariri's actions speak for themselves, the man is pro Lebanon, he's one of the leaders of the cedar revolution, asked the Syrians(remember them) to leave, wants justice, formed a political front called Lebanon First, wants peace and prosperity and he's anti Iranian, rare qualities among Lebanese these days. That makes him more than qualified to lead the nation. For God sake the man went the same school I did, how bad can he be?

What if half the country say they want him as PM and the other half don't. Then what? I know let's make Aoun the prime minister again, Abou Jamra and Basil can be his deputies. The man's past speaks for itself, he'll take over Bkirki, and wage wars not only against the LF but also against Israel, France and the US! allah Yannajina.

haroun

Postby jieh2008 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:29 am

“Let me clarify something here, I think Hariri is a good man ( yes because he went to the same school as you) (good influence)…., he is doing a lot of charity work and helping a lot of needy towns and neighborhoods, scholarships ..etc…, plus he is very generous to the Salafis ( be the judge) and he is a good businessman who like to make deals with a handshake, but turning him loose as a businessman in our Lebanese political world is basically a mismatch. If Hariri is the prime minister, he wouldn't be dealing with honorable, law-abiding businesspeople. He would be going up against many different schools and thoughts within his alliance, the Israelis , the Wahhabies, Aumieh, your friends in Hezbollah, the Jibreels, Palestinians camps, Syrians, Iranians…etc. and the latest is your friend Bassil. This is not a game for amateurs and it does not have anything with the constitution, cedar revolution, or justice. I think we should recognize that our politicians are ruthless professionals bring important experience and skills to the table, and one of those skills is the ability to knee an opponent in the groin and get away with it, ( Junblat), ( Jezzine)( Tashnaks)..etc... It's not pretty…. (when there is no room for a handshake because the hands will be somewhere else?..). But, again compared to politics, business is a children’s game , and politics is the game Hariri will have to play ( as I said before). And if he wants to be a successful politician he has to show self-control and to stop listening to some people like the Wahhabie (Jouzou ), if he does not; his nomination will end badly again.”
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby jieh2008 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:13 am

Leader of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command Ahmed Jibril warned the Lebanese government against any attempt to disarm his militant group.
In an interview aired on Iran's Alalam television, Jibril said a demand for the disarmament of his PFLP-GC movement is an "Israeli and not a national Lebanese request."
Jibril claimed that his weapons "do not constitute a threat to Lebanon since they have not interfered in inter-Lebanese affairs just like no terrorist attack had been launched from the group's positions in Lebanon." Is this terrorist and murderer forgetting what he was doing in Jieh, or what he is doing in Bekaa valley or in Mar Jeries church in Naameh etc... Mr. murderer it is the request of the owners of these lands, just get out of Lebanon and take with you your gangs, and go to your master in Syria and arm yourself as much as you want.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby jieh2008 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:35 am

{The dismissal of journalists, some members of the press, and TV personalities (annahar and lbc)..etc.. makes any sane person shake in disbelief. The employees did have any protection and were fired on the spot because they don’t have connections to the right political party or they serve at the pleasure of the owners. I think the present managements do not have any management skills, and these short comings are taken out on the employees with bitter tongue lashings and the use of profanity. I guess that helps them do evil without feeling guilty, (rizkallah) when we used to have ethical and "honorable” people. I wish other media outlets will open their arms and offer the journalists jobs . "the right to hold opinions without interference. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression in any shape or from, be it in politics , be it orally, in written, in print, through the Internet or through art forms. This means that the protection of the writers freedom as a right includes not only the content of their writing , but also the means of expression. The management should create an intellectually media through blending individual differences rather than imposing homogeneity from above; that the ability to explore the fullest range of ideas on a given issue was essential to any learning process and truth cannot be arrived upon unless all points of view are first considered; and that by considering free thought, censorship (and firing) acts to the detriment of material progress.}
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby jieh2008 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:24 pm

The new cabinet lineup is:
prime Minister : Saad Hariri , Future , March 14, Sunni
Justice: Ibrahim Najjar, Lebanese Forces, March 14, Orthodox
Labor : Boutros Harb, Qornet Shehwan, March 14, Maronite
Education : Hassan Mneimneh , Future , March 14, Sunni
Energy: Gebran Bassil , Change & Reform, Maronite
Telecom: Charbel Nahas, Change & Reform, Catholic
Tourism: Fadi Abboud ,Change & Reform, Maronite
Industry: Abraham Dedeyan, Tashnaq Party, Change & Reform, Armenian
Public Works: Ghazi Aridi, Democratic Gathering , majority alliance ?, Druze
Displaced : Akram Chehayeb, Democratic Gathering , majority alliance? , Druze
Interior : Ziad Baroud , President's share , Maronite
Defense and deputy PM : Elias Murr, President's share, Orthodox
Agriculture : Hussein Hajj Hassan, Hezbollah, Shiite
Foreign Affairs : Ali Hussein el Shami , Amal bloc , Shiite
Social affairs: Salim el Sayegh, Kataeb Party <(?)> , March 14 (?), Maronite
Environment : Mohammad Rahhal , Future , March 14, Sunni
Sports and Youth : Ali Abdallah , Amal bloc , Shiite
Finance: Rayya Haffar al Hassan - Future , March 14, Sunni
Culture: Salim Wardeh, Lebanese Forces, March 14, Catholic
Economy and Trade : Mohammed Safadi - Independent, March 14, Sunni - Tripoli bloc
Health: Mohammed Jawad Khalifa, Amal bloc , Shiite
Information: Tarek Mitri, independent, March 14, Orthodox

(wazeer dawleh)State: Youssef Saadeh , Marada Movement, Change & Reform, Maronite
“ “ State : Wael Abu Faour , Democratic Gathering , majority alliance ?Druze
“ “ State: Adnan Kassar, President's share , Sunni
“ “ State: Mohammad Fneish , Hezbollah, Shiite
“ “ State: Jean Oghassabian , Future , March 14, Armenian
“ “ State: Mona Ofeish , President's share, Orthodox
“ “ State : Michel Pharaoun, Independent, March 14, Catholic
“ “ State : Adnan Sayyed Hussein , President's share, Shiite
jieh2008
advanced member

Next

Return to Politics - Lebanon