my opinion

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Poor Gemayel to be or not to be?

as a christian my advice to him would be to stand down and withdraw from the m14 coalition geageaa and hariri are eating him up. as a lebanese i wish to feed him some humble pie, you got what you deserved, after all, who do you represent out side bekfaya? lets see how this plays out cant wait for Sfeirs commentary on this.

Congratulations C&R block best of luck to all ministers. lets get this policy statement out of the way and focus on the upcoming war with Israel and the council elections.

haroun iza khsorna elections wa2akhdna heik keef law rbe7na??????? :D :D

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:18 am

Another imaginary victory for the retard Aoun. Basil was fired form the telecom and given the broken Electricity portfolio which nobody wanted to touch it with a 10 meter pole. He got it to help fatass and his terror group get free electricity and bring in hundreds of Iranian terrorists and trainers under the pretext of being power consultants and engineers.

And yes the Armenians who portray themselves as an extension to Armenia’s Tashnak the party that threw itself in the lap of Iranian leaders for free oil.

Then the tourism, the LF and the Kataeb got tired of it. Lebanon and tourism have become antonyms. I am sure Aoun can find a use for this ministry like show hospitality to his Qatari, Syrian and Iranian buddies.

Finally, the telecom ministry? Sounds more like Fatass is in charge here not RC.

By the way, did Aoun take his orders from Assad of Damascus to accept this compromise in writing or verbally?

If I were you I’ll be too embarrassed to show my face in public.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby jieh2008 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:32 pm

More information about the new cabinet :
prime Minister : Saad Hariri , Future , March 14, Sunni born in Riyyad ,Saudi Arabia
Justice: Ibrahim Najjar, Lebanese Forces, March 14, Orthodox, born in Tripoli
Labor : Boutros Harb, Qornet Shehwan, March 14, Maronite, born in Tannoureen
Education : Hassan Mneimneh , Future , March 14, Sunni, born in Beirut
Energy: Gebran Bassil , Change & Reform, Maronite, born in Batroun
Telecom: Charbel Nahas, Change & Reform, Catholic, born in Beirut
Tourism: Fadi Abboud ,Change & Reform, Maronite,born in Qornet Shehwan
Industry: Abraham Dedeyan, Tashnaq Party, Change & Reform, Armenian, born in Beirut
Public Works: Ghazi Aridi, Democratic Gathering , majority alliance ?, Druze, born in Beyssour
Displaced : Akram Chehayeb, Democratic Gathering , majority alliance? , Druze, born in Alayeh
Interior : Ziad Baroud , President's share , Maronite, born in Jeita
Defense and deputy PM : Elias Murr, President's share, Orthodox, born in Btghreen
Agriculture : Hussein Hajj Hassan, Hezbollah, Shiite, born in Housh el-Nabi
Foreign Affairs : Ali Hussein el Shami , Amal bloc , Shiite, born in JarJou’
Social affairs: Salim el Sayegh, Kataeb Party <(?)> , March 14 (?), Maronite, born in Beirut
Environment : Mohammad Rahhal , Future , March 14, Sunni, born in Joub Jennine
Sports and Youth : Ali Abdallah , Amal bloc , Shiite, born in Baalbek
Finance: Rayya Haffar al Hassan - Future , March 14, Sunni ?
Culture: Salim Wardeh, Lebanese Forces, March 14, Catholic, born in Zahle
Economy and Trade : Mohammed Safadi - Independent, March 14, Sunni - Tripoli bloc, born in Tripoli
Health: Mohammed Jawad Khalifa, Amal bloc , Shiite, born in Sarafand
Information: Tarek Mitri, independent, March 14, Orthodox born in Tripoli
(wazeer dawleh)State: Youssef Saadeh , Marada Movement, Change & Reform, Maronite, born in Zoughrta
State : Wael Abu Faour , Democratic Gathering , majority alliance ?Druze, born in Hasbayyah
State: Adnan Kassar, President's share , Sunni, born in Beirut
State: Mohammad Fneish , Hezbollah, Shiite, born in Tyre (Sour)
State: Jean Oghassabian , Future , March 14, Armenian, born in Beirut
State: Mona Ofeish , President's share, Orthodox ?
State : Michel Pharaoun, Independent, March 14, Catholic, born in Beirut
State : Adnan Sayyed Hussein , President's share, Shiite born in Lweizeh
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:17 am

أنجز النواب انتخاب رؤساء اللجان ومقرريها على الشكل الآتي:

* لجنة المال والموازنة: ابراهيم كنعان رئيساً وروبير فاضل مقرراً
* لجنة الادارة والعدل: روبير غانم رئيساً ونوار الساحلي مقرراً
* لجنة الشؤون الخارجية: عبداللطيف الزين رئيساً وفريد الخازن مقرراً
* لجنة الأشغال: محمد قباني رئيساً وبدر ونوس مقرراً
* لجنة التربية: بهية الحريري رئيسة ورياض رحال مقرراً
* لجنة الصحة: عاطف مجدلاني رئيساً وعاصم عراجي مقرراً
* لجنة الدفاع: سمير الجسر رئيساً وأنور الخليل مقرراً
* لجنة المهجرين: شانت جنجيان رئيساً ومحمد كبارة مقرراً
* لجنة الزراعة والسياحة: أيوب حميد رئيساً ونعمة الله أبي نصر مقرراً
* لجنة الاقتصاد: نبيل دوفريج رئيساً وعلي بزي مقرراً
* لجنة الاعلام: حسن فضل الله رئيساً وعمار حوري مقرراً
* لجنة الشباب: سيمون أبي رميا رئيساً وعلي المقداد مقرراً
* لجنة حقوق الانسان: ميشال موسى رئيساً وغسان مخيبر مقرراً
* لجنة المرأة والطفل: جيلبرت زوين رئيسة ونايلة تويني مقررة
* لجنة التكنولوجيا: أحمد فتفت رئيساً ووليد خوري مقررا
وبقيت لجنة البيئة معلقة بانتظار التوافق عليها

Very solid and strong representation by C&R MP's in the parliament committees.

in other news i found this statement by Social Affairs Minister Salim al-Sayegh to be so funny

Al-Sayegh said that "the stance of Phalange Party should not be understood as related to the shares division approach (lol then what is it". He added that "Phalange won't participate in March 14 general-secretariat meetings as long as the framework of its agenda was not presented."

whats that may i ask??

"We are giving March 14 an important rescue chance and if they don't understand it, then they would be losing a new chance like they have lost other chances," warned al-Sayegh, stressing that the recent stance of Phalange Party "is to awake March 14 from its sleep".

dude everybody is moving ahead the only people yet to wake up and sense the smell of whats been cooked are yourself and Sejaan azzi.

SHN

المرة القادمة قد تبدأ القصة ليس من حيفا ويعد حيفا قد تبدا من "ما بعد بعد بعد حيفا"

السيد نصر الله: سنكون هناك في الوديان والجبال والمدن والقرى، سندمر آلياتهم ودبابتهم ونأسر ونقتل جنودهم، ونحن قادرون أن ندمر هذه الفرق وهذه الدبابات والآليات ونقتل هؤلاء الضباط والجنود، هم في حرب تموز 2006 أدخلوا 40 ألف ضابط وجندي، والـ200 دبابة التي دمرناها لم تنزل من السماء، ونحن في ذلك الوقت لم نكن بهذه القوة مثل اليوم، تدريبنا أعلى وتشكيلنا أكبر وقيمنا الحرب وعالجنا الكثير من نقاط الضعف وعززنا الكثير من نقاط القوة وأقول نحن جاهزون، وأتعهد أمام أرواح الشهداء وأقول لباراك ونتانياهو أرسلوا ما شئتم من فرق وان شئتم أرسلوا كل الجيش الاسرائيلي فسندمره ونحطمه

Abou Jamra

Postby haroun » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:29 am

Dude, are you quoting fatass for a reason? All he does is fart around and you people (Aounieh) inhale to the point one thinks that this eleventh century raghead mullah is your patriarch.

Mabrouk 3leikom fatass and hopefully he’ll keep it up his nauseating tone and threats to usher in his demise sooner.

haroun

Postby jieh1 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:30 am

AJ, the fact that you think this hizbala bandit is there to protect Lebanese independence and constitution by bombing haifa & beyond... they call that hallucination.

- why doesn't the raghead get out of his cave in the first place? is that the person that we want to be standing behind and be quoting, have as our main ally? he probably has not seen much sunlight over 3 years now.

- if Iranians or in the case of your staunch ally Assad are not scared of israel air power, why are we all still patiently waiting their response to for several Israeli incursions and raids in syria including the wiping out of a nuclear reactor in Northern Syria. What makes you think that those raghead bandits in lebanon are more capable of fighting Israel?

- you evidently think that those leb swindlers have weapons that the syrians or iranian don't have or aren't capable of acquiring? I think the answer maybe they are too scared of being wiped out of existence.

- In 2006 Israel was very understanding in targeting some area and not others and they really didn't do much damage other than bomb out bridges and shut down few power plants and the airport. Now is no longer the days of Amir Perez (arab), you better be ready to deal with Lieberman and Netanyahu which you need to go back and see how they treated lebanon in the past. They could give a flying shit whether a missile came from one place not another. I don't think those bandit who will attempt to reach anywhere in israel will leave any place safe in lebanon.

stop quoting this coward who lives in hiding in his hole and his only interest is threatening the stability and the destruction of lebanon, exactly just like his boss Assad (your staunch ally) did to lebanon for 30 years.
jieh1

Postby jieh2008 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:35 pm

“Mufti of Mount Lebanon Sheikh Mohammad Ali al-Jouzou warned against the dangers of keeping Lebanon under Maronite political control, noting that they have the presidency and the army leadership, intelligence”
My opinion is:
The countless acts and relentless systematic attack at the hand of the Wahhabi Mufti Jouzou “the man of Peace” and the man of “co-existence” against the Christian and the Maronite in particular demonstrate his position as co-conspirator with some religious authorities here and abroad to continue their cleansing of Christians campaign and to continue the mission of the Ottomans and the Mamlooks, Palestinians , Syrians with their cruel oppression of Maronites . This shameful scene is being repeated again and again from a respected position and influence of a respected religion targeting the Christian Maronites . Probably I should tell the radical Wahhabi that his raising campaign against the Maronite is nothing but bold hypocrisy.
I hope that the Dar-El-Efta begin to address the hatful messages perpetrated by one of them and do something about the mufti deceptions.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:58 pm

badak tes2al zouzou ebba shoo ra2you be haida al mawdou3. i asked dory chamoun last week at the ajcc hall about the wahabi threat facing the chouf coast and the wahabi threat to the maronites in general he avoided the question and shifted his answer to and started directing attacks against HA. sounds like someone else on this and the other forum ;-)

we need a baladiye president with balls.

sorry jieh2008 for diverting attention from your comment. but to change the country we need to begin with change in our home town.

who do you fear most in jieh jouzou north/east or nabe younis south/west.?

Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:28 pm

By meeting and shaking Junblatt’s hand is an insult to every one of us who was touched by the loss of life and destruction caused by this murderer. The only solution for us is his resignation or retirement. It is absurd that a murderer is given a high profile spotlights at our expenses. Is it because the baladiyyeh elections are coming or the universal peace in the mountain is declared.?,.. well, the existence of skepticism is a matter of significance that needs to be addressed in our daily life and in our murky politics. Lip service is often paid to the need for greater voter turnout, but no solutions are offered that address the malaise of distrust that has stood in the way of progress for decades which is one of them is the truly guilty arrogant Jumblatt himself. Ask yourself this question why suddenly ( el Wawi have a (sincere) interest in the lives of the chickens ) ( no we are not chickens) I ‘am confident you can figure it out because all of you are smart. ).?. And enough ( is ) not enough….?. And Taymour is the alternative..
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby jieh2008 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Proportional Representation systems is that they divide up the seats according to the proportion of votes received by the running candidates.
A variety of different formulas exist for accomplishing the actual allocation of seats to the lists. One of the simplest seat allocation formulas is called the "largest remainder formula." In this approach, the first step is to calculate a quota, which is determined by taking the total number of valid votes in the town and dividing this by the number of seats. As an example, 1,000 votes were cast and ten seats are to be filled. 1,000/10 = 100 which is the quota. The quota is then divided into the vote that each candidate or party receives and the list wins one seat for each whole number produced ( the quota is 100) So Haroun list received 380 votes, which is divided by 100 to produce three seats – with a remainder of 80 votes. After this first allocation of seats is complete than the remainder numbers for the candidates are compared and the candidates with the largest remainders are allocated the remaining seats. In this example, two seats remain to be allocated, Haroun (80 votes) and Fa71 (60 votes) have the largest remainders, so they get the seats. Ultimately all the lists end up with the number of seats that as closely as possible approximates their percentage of the vote.
So Haroun list has = 380 = 3 seats , 80 votes left = 1seat
Goerge ===== = 230 = 2 30
AJ ===== = 210 = 2 10
Jieh 1 ===== = 120 = 1 20
Fa71 ===== = 60 60 ===== = 1 seat
The final results:
Haroun 4 seats, Geroge 2 seats, AJ 2 seats, jieh1 1 seat, Fa71 1 seat.

I don’t know what proportional representation system formulas they are promoting ,….. help anyone . Thanks.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby jieh2008 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:32 pm

jieh2008 wrote:Proportional Representation systems is that they divide up the seats according to the proportion of votes received by the running candidates.
A variety of different formulas exist for accomplishing the actual allocation of seats to the lists. One of the simplest seat allocation formulas is called the "largest remainder formula." In this approach, the first step is to calculate a quota, which is determined by taking the total number of valid votes in the town and dividing this by the number of seats. As an example, 1,000 votes were cast and ten seats are to be filled. 1,000/10 = 100 which is the quota. The quota is then divided into the vote that each candidate or party receives and the list wins one seat for each whole number produced ( the quota is 100) So Haroun list received 380 votes, which is divided by 100 to produce three seats – with a remainder of 80 votes. After this first allocation of seats is complete than the remainder numbers for the candidates are compared and the candidates with the largest remainders are allocated the remaining seats. In this example, two seats remain to be allocated, Haroun (80 votes) and Fa71 (60 votes) have the largest remainders, so they get the seats. Ultimately all the lists end up with the number of seats that as closely as possible approximates their percentage of the vote.
So Haroun list has = 380 = 3 seats , 80 votes left = 1seat
Goerge ===== = 230 = 2 30 votes left
AJ ===== = 210 = 2 10 votes left
Jieh 1 ===== = 120 = 1 20 votes left
Fa71 ===== = 60 60 ===== = 1 seat
The final results:
Haroun 4 seats, Geroge 2 seats, AJ 2 seats, jieh1 1 seat, Fa71 1 seat.

I don’t know what proportional representation system formulas they are promoting ,….. help anyone . Thanks.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby haroun » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:15 am

jieh2008 wrote:I don’t know what proportional representation system formulas they are promoting ,….. help anyone . Thanks.

I am not sure about what they're promoting either. The theory you presented makes good sense but it's unlikely the one on their minds. I think they are talking about sectarian proportionality, where after the last elections they realized that the number of voters from each sect they have on the books doesn’t match the actual number on the ground, they are now trying to find ways to "redistrict" and create opportunities for candidates that serve their interests and pave their way to control every municipalities.

As long as Hizb fatass is in charge, and continues to harass and terrorize people in its ever expanding area of influence, elections don't mean s&!t. I'd rather not participate in elections where the winner will be afraid to voice his opinion and be in a position where he has no choice but support the terrorists way.

haroun

Postby jieh2008 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:31 pm

I might be wrong here but it looks like they are going to go with a closed list system which is the leader or the party fixes the order in which the candidates are listed and elected and the voters simply cast votes for the ballot as a whole.
Voters are not able to indicate their preference for any candidates on the list, but must accept the list in the order presented by the leader or the party (no more tishteeb).
Winning candidates are selected in the exact order they appear on the original list, Independent candidates may also run, and they are listed separately on the ballot as if they were their own party.
So if LF , TAYYAR, Hezbullah, independent, have their own lists, it will be like this.

Lf list
1) Haroun
2) Farhat
3) Azzi 1
4) Ahmed
5) Fz70
6) Charbel
7) Ajaj
8) Ibrahim
9) Zakariah
10) Nano
11) Boustany 1
12) Hajj 3
13) Deeb 1
14) Fayez 1
15) Moustafa
16) Jaleel

TAYYAR
1) AJ
2) Boustany
3) Khateeb
4) Hajj 2
5) Hatem
6) Mamdouh
7) Deeb
8) Baraket
9) Farhat
10) Azzi
11) Salma
12) Samira
13) Shakeeb
1 4) Kamel
15) Nassif
16) Charbel

HEZBULLAH
1) Hajj 1
2) Azzi 2
3) Nakhleh
4) Koujouk
5) Soubhe
6) Mohammed
7) Jieh 1
8) Hatem 1
9) Jeanette
10) Marie
11) Jameel
12) Moussa
13) Nour
14) Abed
15) Victor
16) Boustany

Independent
PRINCE

As an example here if LF list won 4 seats, the winners are the first four candidates on the pre-ordered list or the pre-printed list…..Haroun, Farhat, Azzi 1, Ahmed would be elected. Tayyar lists won 5 seats AJ, Boustany, Khateeb, Hajj 2 and Hatem would be elected, Hezbullah won 6 seats Hajj 1, Azzi 2, Nakhleh, Koujouk, Soubhe, and Mohammed would be elected and Prince the free one, 1 seat.
Around 1348 voters voted in the latest election, so in a 16 members baladieh the quota should be approximately 85 votes, but they are going to apply a law to have 10% of the votes and no less to win a seat which will be approximately 135 votes. So if an independent gets 135 votes he/she will win a seat, again I might be wrong since I don‘t know the law how is going to be, but this is one of the system for a closed list. Now the question is: how are they going to place Jieh’s families on the lists and in which order or how are they going to name 3 women on every lists mandated by the law (20%) or how are they going to win, unless they have a placement mandate by law to let women fill every second, third or fourth ballot position as part of its quota to prevent political parties or (Ashae’r) from putting all female candidates at the bottom of the party ballot where they have little to no chance of getting elected or what are the consequences for the parties or others that do not meet the quotas, my opinion is : The ballots must meet the quota or they cannot run any candidates in towns that violate that mandate, they should be considered invalid.
jieh2008
advanced member

Previous

Return to Politics - Lebanon