Time to limit Political Talk in here?

Post here your comments, suggestions and ideas to improve this site and forum.

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II, Nano

Should all political talk in forum topics other than the POLITICAL section be banned and removed by Prince Cadmus the moderator?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 6

Time to limit Political Talk in here?

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:43 pm

During the recent outbreak of political conflict in Lebanon, shops in downtown Beirut are now sick to death of customers arguing over political crap, which in turn causes a downfall in the number of customers visiting their stores.

So many shopowners have now erected signs forbidding political talk to be conducted within the premises of their stores.

Don't you think it's time we did that here?
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby haroun » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:26 am

Good try Prince! I vote no because I think those who want to write politics outside the political forums they will find out that they have become like Nassif, writers without audience, wouldn't that be enough punishment? :cry:

Do you think the signs in Beirut are working? It will be interesting to find out which shops attract more people, those that allow politics or those that don't...

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:17 pm

hahaha!!! That's really funny.

But I have really come to the conclusion, every second person I've met who refuses to participate on this forum is because they have come in, seen all the political talk, and then become like a stunned mullet and have nothing to say and leave without coming back...
It's really disturbing, but it's true.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Charbel » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:28 pm

Ive said it before and ill say it again, Lebanese politics is a cancer on the people and on the country.

They say its a "tesleye", well this "tesleye" is killing and corrupting our country. You want tesleye? go fa'e bizzer.

All it is in the end is just b*llsh*t talk.

I mean look at what has become of the once proud LBC. Its nothing but a trash political talk show. That god optus has taken it off its paytv.

The lebanese mind is simple. So simple that its complicated.

But with regards to this site and politics well you cant stop people from talking about what they want to talk about.

Best you could try is keep posting non political topics and hope people will get attracted to the discussion. I posted my Jieh video, nano posted his banadoora, maybe we need more visuals....?

Maybe try a topic on Political Weddings in the Jieh.
OMG HE DIDNT INVITE ME!! OMG QUICK GO SEE HOW MUCH HE PAID AT MY SISTERS FATHER INLAWS 2ND COUSINS FIRST REMOVED BEST FRIENDS CATS NEIGHBOUR SO I COULD GIVE HIM THE SAME AMOUNT IN RETURN. and so forth... :)
Charbel
advanced member

Postby danyhr » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:52 pm

No. Original threads on polotical topics should remain in the poolitical section, but politics ties in to many areas, so if you are trying to make a point and need to refer to a post from the political section, make the point and drop it.

Politicians don't do their job for tesleye, good or bad they have a drive within them because they believe in what they are trying to achieve. What they are trying to achieve is another topic, i'm just trying to point out that it shouldn't deter people from reading political posts on this forum ar any other forum. Politics is as old as civilisation, if you don't want to comment, then don't.
In much of your talking, thinking is half murdered - GKG.
danyhr
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:55 pm

Who ever these people are they are just giving you excuses for being lazy.

If they dont like discussing politics or engaging in political conversation, nothing is restricting them from opening a thread and discussing any topic or issue that might interest or arose them.

Haroun look at the statistics, these are from jiehonline so you can not question their credibility but the Dr Nassif Azzi thread is perhaps the most viewed one on this forum it has 3484 hits.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:57 pm

I don't see why Political Talk cannot be limited and confined to the POLITICAL section and not be found in other parts of the forum ??

My job as a moderator is to make sure the posts are not going off the topic

If people want to swipe political jokes or whatever, then it can be done in the political section. I really don't want to see politics in all other sections of the forum. I'm thinking of even getting the political section into just one section instead of 1 for jieh and the other for lebanon.

I don't see why anyone would be referring to any political talk
in other sections unless, say they were talking about a what a
great day they had at the beach and they just happened to bump
into a person who just happened to be a politician, perhaps?
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Elie » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:01 pm

danyhr wrote:No. Original threads on polotical topics should remain in the poolitical section, but politics ties in to many areas, so if you are trying to make a point and need to refer to a post from the political section, make the point and drop it.

Politicians don't do their job for tesleye, good or bad they have a drive within them because they believe in what they are trying to achieve. What they are trying to achieve is another topic, i'm just trying to point out that it shouldn't deter people from reading political posts on this forum ar any other forum. Politics is as old as civilisation, if you don't want to comment, then don't.

thank you dany you took the words out of my mouth.
Elie

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:40 pm

From now on, political talk will stay inside the political forum.
I will remove anything otherwise. That's why we have categories in here and it is my job to keep them from overlapping.

Leave all political talk to the political room. Many many other normal people who wish to discuss normal everyday issues are getting turned off from all this rat trash talking in the forums regarding politics left right and centre.
People feel left out of this ridiculously pathetic political ranting and raving.

Political talk will stay inside its borders, anything else will be removed or edited by me, thankyou.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:53 pm

You put up the poll so abide by it. People are free to discuss anything they like anywhere they like. Had the poll results been different and in your favour then i would agree but they are not.

Abou Jamra

Postby Nano » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:19 am

Best you could try is keep posting non political topics and hope people will get attracted to the discussion. I posted my Jieh video, nano posted his banadoora, maybe we need more visuals....?

I agree..we need attractive material...i went to a wedding the week after i posted that banadoora Clip...I had so many people coming up to me and commenting, it made me sad actually, that there are so many that read yet dont participate in this forumn, im sure if they spent an extra 5 minutes a day and posted it wouldnt hurt, we need more interaction.

Ive been Trying for a while to think of an idea to attract more people, something that will encouge readers to participate...

If Anyone has any ideas? feel free to share, and i, along with your help will do my best to implement!

When i have some time...maybe i can produce some more Jieh like-clips!

OI OI OI
LAst week... I Recorded on my camera phone my father and his brother arguing about polotics....I assure u it was quite Hilarious... :( :( we had to leave after that :( lol i would love to post it, but i have a feeling i would get "belted".
-Not just an Ipod-
Nano
advanced member

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:03 pm

Abou Jamra wrote:You put up the poll so abide by it. People are free to discuss anything they like anywhere they like. Had the poll results been different and in your favour then i would agree but they are not.

You joined as the member of the forum, so abide by the topic categories. By that I am going by the assumption that you know how to read.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:22 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:
Abou Jamra wrote:You put up the poll so abide by it. People are free to discuss anything they like anywhere they like. Had the poll results been different and in your favour then i would agree but they are not.

You joined as the member of the forum, so abide by the topic categories. By that I am going by the assumption that you know how to read.

I read the terms and conditions one must agree with before becoming a member and no where do the state that we must abide by the topic.

While the administrators and moderators of jiehonline forum will pursue any attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all publications posted in this forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for publications posted by themself) and hence will not be held liable. jiehonline.com does not deliver any information about our users. User takes complete legal responsibility for all content posted on forum!

jiehonline administrator/moderators will remove and ban any user who uses this site for personal or business advertising of any kind without prior authorization by the site administrator.

NOt here.

If your post or profile contains a link to solicit business, such as selling, promoting or advertising for products or services, your post and your profile will be removed.

Not here either.

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

Not here either.

But i would like to ask you if "the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit" Why did you post this thread and post a poll?

The members of this forum have voted, and the result wasnt in your favour. Accept the decision and move on.

Abou Jamra

Return to Jiehonline.com