I PHONE

Just say Hello, Hi and other Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

I PHONE

Postby CharbelS.Azzi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:39 pm

Hey everyone,of course all of you have heard about the newest technologie from apple the i-phone.I was wondering how it costs overseas.So if you can check it in a store near you i will be very greatful.
Also do you think that it's good and you advise me to buy it.
:P Thanks a lot guys. :lol:
CharbelS.Azzi

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:52 am

iPhone will not be available in Australia until 2008.
Prices online are around $US 600 for the iPhone or $US500 for the small 4GB one.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Nano » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:07 am

after careful research for a few months, i suggest its not worth buying!
-Not just an Ipod-
Nano
advanced member

Postby haroun » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:11 am

Ok, I actually handled one today, my first impression is yes it deserves the hype. Apple didn’t spare anything to make the iPhone as appealing as its mac or iPod. If you have $600 to spare I say go for it, I forget to mention you need to be in an area with carriers supporting it.
In the US Apple has signed up a contract with a single cell provider, too bad for the others… overseas in Europe, Australia I don’t think they’re going to support it before 2008.

It has 3 processors inside and more features than any cell phone out there. It uses Apple’s itune to manage your music, movies, photos and calendar, and can sync with it easily through your home pc or wifi.

The display is large and the resolution is great. You can see great details of displayed pictures.

You can flip between menus and pages using your fingers, zooming in and out are made by sliding two fingers on the screen toward or away from each other. It knows which direction it’s pointed and many applications will flip the screen from horiz to vertical. It also can sense the acceleration of its movements like when you lift up to your ear it shuts the power to the screen.

I know they are hard at work to show you tube videos and other movie formats. Rumors has it that apple may implement a TV receiver in the next version of the iPhone for mobile TV service. I bet you can’t wait to watch TV on your phone.

I say within 6mo. Apple will cut the number of parts inside by half, that likely will reduce the $600 price tag.

I don’t like the fact that the battery is not consumer replaceable, and there is no door for it. If you’re driving a luxury car you’re not going to change the tire. Actually they did that to save space.

If you feel you want more info read this tech review. And if you can’t sleep the night wanting one let me know.

SAN JOSE, Calif. — Apple's iPhone could be one of the most expensive and densely packed smart phones on the market. The iPhone's hardware components alone are estimated to cost the company $226, about $40 more than the next most costly smart phone, according to analysts at Portelligent (Austin) who tore apart a system over the weekend.
"It's a pricey piece of hardware. The $220 bill of materials is definitely at the high end of smart phones today," said David Carey, president of Portelligent, a teardown service focused on mobile phones and other consumer products.
While the iPhone's costs are high, its profits will apparently not be as great as those of some of its competitors. Portelligent estimates typical smart phones component costs range from $130-180 and some of the handsets sell at or even above the iPhone's $500-600 price tags.
The iPhone's touch-sensitive 480x320 display is one of its most pricey parts at about $60. Memory is also a big expense.
Many smart phones come with about 128 Mbytes of flash and a slot for users to add 2 Gbyte flash cards as needed. The iPhone comes in models with 4 or 8 Gbytes flash built in and no external memory slot.
About 700 Mbytes of the iPhone's flash is reserved for Apple's operating system and applications. The phone's applications processor has an additional 128 Mbytes of SDRAM memory dedicated to CPU working space.
The $220 cost does not include Apple's no doubt huge software development effort to port its operating system and develop applications and other code needed for the handset.
Opening up the simple-looking handset, Carey said he found "an extraordinary level of sophistication and complexity" in its mechanical design." He called the contrast an example of Apple's "outside in" philosophy of creating feature-rich products that look simple but involve significant internal complexity.
In its effort to pack the features of a phone, iPod and mobile Web browser into a small and sleek case, Apple drove an unusually high degree of mechanical complexity, forcing greater assembly costs. Carey estimated the iPhone has a density of about 1.91 grams per cubic centimeter, compared to rivals at about 1.14.
"There isn't much unused space in this design," Carey said.
For example, the device uses more than 20 screws to attach three separate circuit boards to the case, compared to about four screws in many handsets. To maintain a sleek look, some seams are glued shut.
Unlike competing handsets, the iPhone offers users no access to the battery or other internals. The access doors can eat up 0.5-1.0 mm of space, Carey said.
In addition, unneeded connectors were removed, saving more room. The battery for example, has wiring soldered into place.
"This wasn't designed to be easy to repair, and it's definitely more expensive to get assembled," Carey said.
The iPhone does not bear the AT&T name or logo despite the fact that the carrier typically co-brands handsets that run on its network. In this and other ways, Apple is "not following the rules of the rest of the cellphone industry," Carey concluded.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby jieh1 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:33 pm

just want to give my opinion too... the iphone is waaaaaaaaaay too pricey. and what is the their most important feature? just so you integrate it with the ipod and listen to music? really? Every other phone PC around has the same features and they do it better.
jieh1

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:46 am

I think for a phone that slim and sexy, I believe it is worth it. If it is available here, I would definitely buy it.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby CharbelS.Azzi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:49 am

thanks guys really,i think after what haroun have said about it and espiecally he have tried it.i think i will buy it soon.
CharbelS.Azzi

Return to General