Mc CAIN'S VICE PRESIDENT

Opinions, Editorials and Discussion

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Postby jieh2008 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:42 am

This is part of a quote that Abou jamra wrote about American foreign policy
“How do you seek to strengthen them? Economic terrorism? forcing them into an alliance? let’s face it world opinion is not totally favorable towards the US especially if the republicans remain in power.”

Abou jamra: I’ll let my friend Kevin Rudd give you the answer.
30 March 2008
Prime Minister of Australia, the Honorable Kevin Rudd MP, who spoke about;
Australia and the United States
My position on the role of the United States in global affairs is clear.
I see the United States as overwhelmingly a force for good in the world. (I’ll repeat it again) a force for good in the world.
I am proud that Australia and the United States are partners.
It is a partnership that has been supported by parties of both sides in Australia and the United States.
It is an enduring alliance – as I said at the White House yesterday, our alliance has been supported by 12 US Presidents, both Republican (Republican, really, he might be wrong here, HOW CAN THE PM GO AGAINST THE WORLD OPINION) and Democrat; and 13 Australian Prime Ministers, Labor and Liberal.
It is an alliance shaped by our common achievements in the past.
It is also an alliance defined by our common aspirations for the future. (WHAT?)
Our partnership is about more than the formal agreements we have signed. It is about shared values (IS HE PALIN). Perhaps that is why we are such natural partners. (NATURAL PARTNERS, THAT IS TOO MUCH).
During the Second World War, when General Douglas MacArthur was Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in the Pacific, he was based in my hometown of Brisbane.
He was also a regular visitor to The Lodge, where I now live.
In my study, MacArthur and Prime Minister Curtin planned the allied strategy to defend Australia and restore peace to the Pacific. (IS THIS BY ECONOMIC TERRORISM)
The strong political and military links that were forged in the dark days of the Second World War are as important to us today as they were then. (IS THIS BY FORCE?)
The Australia-US relationship is also about our strong economic future.
We have the Free Trade Agreement that provides a framework for ongoing development of our trade.
The United States is the largest foreign investor in Australia.
The United States is the largest destination for Australian outwards investment.
And Australia is the eighth-largest investor in the United States.
The United States is Australia’s third-largest trading partner (and what is remarkable about our trade is the prominence of the services sector – accounting for around 43 per cent of our exports). ALL THESE BY TERROR, WHAT A JOKE.

LOVE TO YOU AND AUSTRALIA. FORM JIEH.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:37 pm

Every world leader and every deputy sherrif says the same thing on the white house lawn or the east (conference) room. All Rudd wants to do is get Australia a UN security council seat. It was his first official trip to the US what do you expect him to say? Actually nothing less than he did... can you beleive that this guy saluted Bush at Doha? a full military salut WTF???

Rather then quoting capitalists (obvious from his conference speech) and their high praises and BS.. how about you post statistics of approval rating of the Bush (Rep) Admin.

The last 8 years have being a disaster on the US and the World. Time for Change. Obama is the Change we need.

Obama/Biden 08

Love to you and Jieh... how are things over there?

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Many leaders called on the United States "not to impede" in the fight against global terrorism On the contrary, they must lead this fight because freedom and humanity’s fate are at stake .
Europe remains a strong and active transatlantic partner which, along with Bush, has sought to foster democratic ideals and international cooperation in areas of strife and civil conflict. Toward this end, Europe has cooperated with the Bush in the formulation of defense, security, and peacekeeping policies. Sarkozy in a press conference on his last trip to Damascus while meeting with Syria, Qatar and Turkey, said: Bush knows what we are talking about, he knows what we are not talking about, he knows what the goals are, what can we discuss and what we can’t, and what we can agree on or not.
Europe has worked closely with Bush and others on such issues as NATO and UN operations as well as with assistance to Russia and the New Independent States; Lebanon; the Middle East peace process; multilateral talks; Darfour, Somalia and Mozambique peacekeeping; and combating drug trafficking, trafficking in women and children. And don’t forget Japan, China, Indonesia, Russia, Australia (they did not change their mind after they left the white house lawn or the east (conference) room.)
About Obama/Biden 08.
Why do you want to endorse a candidate who wants to negotiate with petty criminals and has said himself that he would try concessions to minimize troop losses in a historically violent sector of the world, get him elected into a position of power. He himself and the whole liberals democratic party promised in the last election to bring Iraq war to a close; instead they went on to give Bush all the money he asked for to stay there. The reason is : they will say, promise and deceive to get elected.
And about that statistics of approval rating of the Bush (Rep) Admin. They are better than all the liberals democratic control congress . And I think you knew the answer to that, if not look it up.

Jieh is ok, and please don’t forget her. Love to all.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:51 am

Bloody Bush appologists and their rhetoric and BS about saving humanity and defending freedom.

lol @ europe co-operating with bush. Every european leader and political party has been voted out of office since they decided to go an adventure with Bush.

Lets focus our efforts on the AJCC elections for the next 2 weeks. Please accept the fact that Obama represents all things to all men. He is the ideal president.... a president of the world (see i do admit to and accept US hegemony but not when rep neocons are deciding it) with a histrory of creating possibilities and redining perspectives.

; instead they went on to give Bush all the money he asked for to stay there.

And what would you have said had they vetoed it? Democrats leave US soldiers unarmed.

Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:06 am

Like it or not, Voted out or voted in, the end results are the same, they are pro bush. They are cooperating with him on every level.
If you want me or the readers to think that “Obama represents all things to all men. He is the ideal president.... a president of the world “
Well I will let Obama himself help you understand better:
Obama wants "to end the embargo with Cuba" because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." Speaking to a Cuban American audience in Miami he said he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it is "an important inducement for change."
In January, the Obama described union contributions to the campaigns of Hillary Clinton and John Edwards as "special interest" money. Obama changed his tune as he began gathering his own union endorsements. He now refers respectfully to unions as the representatives of "working people" and says he is "thrilled" by their support.
On public financing Obama replied "yes" in September 2007 when asked if he would agree to public financing of the presidential election if his republican opponent did the same. Obama has now attached several conditions to such an agreement, including regulating spending by outside groups.
Obama was asked if the government should "crack down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants." He replied "Oppose." In a Jan. 31, 2008, televised debate, he said that "we do have to crack down on those employers that are taking advantage of the situation." While running for the U.S. Senate , Obama told Illinois college students that he supported eliminating criminal penalties for marijuana use. In the Oct. 30, 2007, presidential debate, he joined other Democratic candidates in opposing the decriminalization of marijuana.
If you read about Obama you will see two sides of him almost on every issue. And has the most left-wing voting record in the Senate.

LOVE TO YOU AND TO AJCC.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:05 am

How about Obama for AJCC 08... it'll be a bit more on his level.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:42 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:How about Obama for AJCC 08... it'll be a bit more on his level.

Are you saying that Abou Chawki needs to be replaced? :D

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:14 am

Abou Jamra wrote:
Prince Cadmus II wrote:How about Obama for AJCC 08... it'll be a bit more on his level.

Not at all, just that we need some real competition first if we ought to be criticised fairly. We can't have a one-party or 'unity' state now can we.....
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:19 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:
Abou Jamra wrote:

Not at all, just that we need some real competition first if we ought to be criticised fairly. We can't have a one-party or 'unity' state now can we.....

do you think your being criticised unfairly?

Abou Jamra

Postby GWB » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:01 pm

(CNN) -- Is Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin running for vice president of the United States or vice president of the student council?

Listening to some political strategists, pundits and radio and TV blowhards, you would think that all she has to do is show up, sign her name on the roll, and she's done enough to satisfy the requirement for president.

Do people really and truly understand that she will be sitting a heartbeat away from the presidency, backing up a 72-year-old guy who has a history of cancer?

Nothing drives me nuts more than listening to some of these folks who act as if we shouldn't expect Palin -- and Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Joe Biden -- to be well-versed on national issues, foreign policy and the social and cultural issues that have to define America.

Conventional wisdom says that the vice president means nothing and that the voters going to the polls between now and November 4 are really voting on Sens. Barack Obama and John McCain. iReport.com: What would you ask Palin, Biden?

But looking at the role that the last few vice presidents have played, especially Vice President Dick Cheney, it is clear that the VP can make a world of difference and that we should be demanding the tough answers to tough questions from both candidates.

Now, the blowhards have been going on and on, suggesting that too much attention is being paid to her gaffes and not to those of Biden. True. But what we have learned this election season is that there are double standards.

Countless folks have said that we all know McCain, and it's necessary to scrutinize every aspect of Obama. Really? I think if you ask the average person, they'll know a lot more about Obama's childhood than McCain, solely by the level of scrutiny.

The truth is, the nation doesn't know much about Palin. And when folks don't know a lot about you, there is an expectation to get to know more. As for Palin, I fundamentally believe that millions of Americans want to know what she thinks about the critical issues of the day and not from reading cue cards.

The McCain camp has done her a huge disservice by treating her like a Faberge egg, totally untouchable. She needed to do multiple media interviews and not keep an arm's distance from the media and, yes, the general public.

Back to that low expectation thing. The reality is that the McCain camp and Republicans want that. Even Biden and the Obama camp are tamping down expectations, hoping that if the bar is set just above someone's ankle, it will be easy to cross. Hogwash. Now is not the time for low bars and low expectations.

We need our candidates to think big and be big. They need to speak to our concerns and our fears. And yes, Biden has been around a long time, and many say they know what to expect from the loquacious one.

But Palin must strut her stuff. Thursday's debate will not be read from a teleprompter. It won't be on cue cards. With the nation watching, she is going to put up or shut up.

What is most at stake is whether she's the subject of further ridicule or can show Americans that she has a strong command of the issues. If she can do the latter, she validates McCain's selection. If not, she calls into question his judgment, and at this stage of the game, that is not a good thing.

By Roland Martin
CNN Contributor
GWB

Postby jieh2008 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:36 pm

Is Barak worthy to be president.

Barack Obama is an amazing speech giver. He can stare at a teleprompter and deliver that speech like none other. This is nothing odd, politicians don’t write their own speeches but
Most of them can at least think on their own .The world’s most popular actor’s cue cards got shuffled recently and he got lost. Not satisfied with the typical cue cards, Barack has decided to bring his trusty teleprompter along with him to standard events. It reiterates the fact that Obama is nothing more than an empty suit. Most politicians can improvise it or follow along with their standard cards. It’s important to note because it’s clear that Obama can’t think for himself. If this guy can’t even talk without a prompter how is he supposed to deal with day to day issues as USA president?
As for CNN as your source, it is safe to say that CNN is Obama's primary media propaganda machine.

love to all.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:32 am

Is Barak worthy to be president.

you came to the conclusion that he is not not fit simply because of a cue card mess up. Get Real man. This is the weakest argument you ever presented on this forum defending the MCCain cause.

If bush can do it anyone can.

are you watching the Biden/Palin debate? its on now and already 15 minutes in and she has already screwed up 50 times.

Does she know what deregulation means?

She has avoided and is still avoiding every question asked? she has prepared and memorised a lot of answers for this debate its obvious, the only problem is she is not being asked the questions she prepared for.

Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:44 am

About jamra, reread gwb and you will know why.
It was in response to gwb and cnn about palin’s cue cards:
“what she thinks about the critical issues of the day and not from reading( cue cards)“.

this is real time polls:

Who won the debate?
Sarah Palin 47%
Joe Biden 45%
It was a draw 8%

How would you rate Biden's overall performance?
Excellent 48%
Fair 43%
Poor 9%

How would you rate Palin's overall performance?
Excellent 55%
Fair 28%
Poor 17%

Who would make a better vice president?
Joe Biden 49%
Sarah Palin 49%
I'm not sure 2%

I think the Obama camp are really lucky that they have only one vice president debate. The polls said it better.
As for obama with cue cards or not , he is not fit to be in government making decisions .(period)
Love to all.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:28 am

Where did you get these statistics from dude? The Disney Channel!

Were these pollsters watching the same debate we were?

Man the Obama/Biden camp will have no problem debating either McCain or Palin every single day from now untill the elections.

Abou Jamra

Postby jieh2008 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:37 pm

Something to read about:
“When Illinois State Senator Alice Palmer decided to retire in 1995, she hand-picked local left-winger Barack Obama as her successor. In order to introduce Obama to influential liberals in the district, she held a function at the home of Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn. This was, really, the beginning of Obama's political career, and it linked him forever with Ayers and Dohrn, with whom, as his campaign has acknowledged, he continues to have a friendly relationship.
Ayers and Dohrn were famous radicals, and fugitives from the law, in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Dohrn, actually, was the more famous of the two.
Ayers was a would-be murderer of soldiers and policemen, but he wasn't a very good terrorist. He had the ill fortune to be the subject of a profile in the New York Times on September 11, 2001, The piece by Dinitia Smith began: “‘I don’t regret setting bombs,’ Bill Ayers said. ‘I feel we didn’t do enough.’”
in which he said that he didn't regret his attempted murders and only wished that he had planted more bombs.
Mr. Ayers, who in 1970 was said to have summed up the Weatherman philosophy as: ''Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents, that's where it's really at,'' is today distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago. And he says he doesn't actually remember suggesting that rich people be killed or that people kill their parents, but ''it's been quoted so many times I'm beginning to think I did,'' he said. ''It was a joke about the distribution of wealth.''
Just last year, the tiny remnant members attended a reunion--no kidding-- who still haven't figured out that they were wrong about everything. Listen to what Bill Ayers, who hosted Barack Obama's first fundraiser, has to say about the United States. Not when Obama was eight years old, but in 2007.
At the same event, Obama's friend and supporter Bernadine Dohrn described the United States as "the monster." Obama was 47 years old at the time.
Barack Obama has declined to repudiate or distance himself from his neighbors, supporters and friends, Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn. There is a certain consistency of perspective among Obama's friends and mentors like Jeremiah Wright, which can be summed up in his memorable phrase: "God damn America." Does this make Obama a man of change , terrorist ,or just guilty by association or a doctrine he believe in, or non of the above.?.
Another question is, will the so-called mainstream media find any of this worth reporting between now and Election Day?”

love to all
jieh2008
advanced member

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Lebanon